noticeable increase in fuel consumption, losing 50 tacoMiles per tank of tacoJuice... what is going on?

Perhaps single cab gen2 is built diffrent than extracab or the quad cab??
More than enough room when getting into my access cab gen3, and thats suppose to be as tight, or tighter than a gen2.
Biggest issue on the gen3 for me is the steering wheel. I've got the power seat about as low as it can go. My thighs, and calves are rather muscular for my size.

More than enough room when getting into my access cab gen3, and thats suppose to be as tight, or tighter than a gen2.
Biggest issue on the gen3 for me is the steering wheel. I've got the power seat about as low as it can go. My thighs, and calves are rather muscular for my size.
Ya know you can gain 2" in height with that adjustable telescopic steering wheel. I keep mine in the highest position to allow for my beer-gut.

Hannibal, Missouri
elevation - 502 ft

Council Bluffs, Iowa
elevation 1089 ft

with a full tank of tacoJuice in Hannibal i can wheel that ~320 mile upHill adventure through Missouri and up Iowa at varying speeds and have NO issue running out of tacoJuice in ANY season

betcha cannot do that in the present now :mad:

Ya know you can gain 2" in height with that adjustable telescopic steering wheel. I keep mine in the highest position to allow for my beer-gut.
I have the steering wheel set as high as it goes for my beer gut, which is a joke for the amount toyota has in these taco's. My tundra had at least 3 times more movement.

no issue with the gen1 tilt wheel...
lots of issues with that gen2 telescoping in reg cab with getting right knee underneath it with no strain and still hitting top of the head

calipers!?
maybe dragging
maybe not
IDK, need to get the rig lifted in the front to check this?

spark plug wire set is not original, but the OEM replacement years ago they do now have 155k on them
would the wire set be a cause of concern for this fuel issue?
i am supposing NO but U never NO...

You should go ahead with the replacement of the "spark plug wire set". Perhaps the spark is weak, leading to a slower burn in the cylinders creating a softer bang with a slow wave front, so less push on the piston.

The dealer that diagnosed this fuel consumption issue last month sent me a 20$ off coupon for the intake decarb service that I passed on at the time of a sh1tty time

i need more deets on this decarb service cleaner to see if it frees up any potentially 'sticky' valves that could be an issue here? IDK!

Last tank full seemed a bit better on shell e10 87 octane
340 miles wheeled on nearly 18g

Is it slowly self-healing??

Still a 30 mile per tank dropped from the norm before 341k

Screenshot_20240506-125301.png

Back