Word association

Hey TexasBigBlue when are you gonna take delivery of that sucker? Didn't you order one a while back?
Funny you should mention that TacoMan. I just gotta phone call today saying that a TRD Sport MT BlueCrushMetallic has arrived in Toyota's Gulf States Region (that's 5-states). And I mispoke awhile back about a special order. Toyota stopped doing special orders in 2021, a year after i special ordered my 2020 Taco. And forget about Mountain States Toyota in Denver. The salesman the GM assigned me too is a freaking fruit loop and I moved on. I will tell you that the Cowboy Toyota dealership by your house is really trying to help me find my next Taco.

Funny you should mention that TacoMan. I just gotta phone call today saying that a TRD Sport MT BlueCrushMetallic has arrived in Toyota's Gulf States Region (that's 5-states). And I mispoke awhile back about a special order. Toyota stopped doing special orders in 2021, a year after i special ordered my 2020 Taco. And forget about Mountain States Toyota in Denver. The salesman the GM assigned me too is a freaking fruit loop and I moved on. I will tell you that the Cowboy Toyota dealership by your house is really trying to help me find my next Taco.
Man that sucks that you can no longer special order a Taco specifically the way you want it! There used to be an older gentleman at work that told me that used to be a common method of buying a new vehicle back in the day because they didn't used to have the wide selection they do these days! He told me a funny story about how he was a first time car buyer and special ordered a brand new '77 Ford F250! I wish I could share it here but it's a bit of a long story! It was hilarious though!

At the funeral of my 2020 Tacoma Sport MT his headstone
will say "TexasBigBlue, 1,000,000 miles, 48 States"
Jay…. I know, I know, I know. Things change from time to time. In my heart and in my words i truly believed the last MT offered by Toyota for a Taco was the 3rd gen. I special ordered my 2020 TRD Sport VooDooBlue from Mountain States Toyota and honestly believed this was the pickup truck my sons would bury me in.

Then on May 18th, 2023, Toyota released a press announcement saying they were going to offer a continued manuel transmission with the 4th generation Taco. They had me right there, hook, line, and sinker.. My purest intentions are to now drive a 4th gen MT Taco to a million miles before i die.

Man that sucks that you can no longer special order a Taco specifically the way you want it! There used to be an older gentleman at work that told me that used to be a common method of buying a new vehicle back in the day because they didn't used to have the wide selection they do these days! He told me a funny story about how he was a first time car buyer and special ordered a brand new '77 Ford F250! I wish I could share it here but it's a bit of a long story! It was hilarious though!
You never were able to do a special order cherry picking only what you wanted in a tacoma....not like the domestic manufactures. You had to start with a basic trim, then could choose certain port added tech packages for that trim like a tonneau cover, power sliding rear window, or bed lights, but you had to take some things in those tech packages they contained whether you wanted them, or not. You could later request some dealer installed options like floor mats, chrome tail pipe tips, etc.

Toyota

TACOMA

Last edited:
Back