08 Lifted Tacoma chip/fuel issues NEW to site

stormy

I bought a sweet 08 tacoma, 6" lift with 35's from the Dealership in 09. Its my second one. Love the truck but need help. I live in Cali now and i am getting my butt kicked by the Cost and quality of the gas the quality. The tacoma has a small fuel tank and i get about 240 miles per tank. Can anyone recommend a performance chip or fuel tank upgrade. G-force performance chip advertised on this site does anyone have a review? Thanks

There are no chips that work for modern vehicles. Every cheap ebay chip is just a gimmick because if such a simple device worked it would have been installed from the factory.

As far as MPGs go, nothing you add will increase mileage by anything that you will notice. Changing you driving habits or dropping the 35s will help. Sorry to just plop that turd down but that's how it is.

Last edited:
Whippersnapper, yeah that is why i figured but i guess i just needed to hear it. thanks for the info!!

Like whipper said, there's not much you can do when you're running 35's (assuming rather aggressive tread). Is this your daily driver?

When I got my Super Charger installed part of the kit was larger fuel injectors. So makes me wonder if there are smaller sized injectors.
Just a thought

Smaller injectors wouldn't do anything since the fuel requirements of the engine don't change. You would then have to ramp up the duty cycle of the smaller injectors which would end their life quickly.

Bottom line is a big brick with 35s isn't going to get good mileage.

It isn't the lift that does it. Turning larger tires will kill MPGs. I lifted but I stuck with 265s and I still get decent mileage.

I have a 4D 2008 6cyl. TRD PreRunner Sports PKG; however, it's 2WD and gets about 23hwy and 18city. I have seen 27mpgs before; only once though and right after I put a container of SEAFOAM engine treatment in after filling up. I try and only use ethanol free gas and treat it every 2 months or so ~3000 miles. As you've read the tires will kill your mpgs; however, try staying under 2000 - 2500rpms that should get you something and I've noticed about a 1-2 mpg increase using ethanol free gas, in the city anyway.

Back