$1000 a week from uncle sam

my roommate had the same sweet gig, plus a 6 week "vacation" and literally did nothing. he didnt even pitch in with household chores. (grr) i wasnt impressed with his boasting, while im working from home, making less...and doing chores. if people use the government boost for essentials, for staying on top of their bills, put into savings, or purchasing items to help stimulate economy - then i'm okay with it. however, if they think it's free money to piss away then i can't leave my colorful comment here. [emoji850] hopefully your niece makes wise financial decisions and takes advantage of the boost. and hopefully our government finds a way to cut the fat somewhere else to offset the coronavirus stimulus packages, and also collect compensatory damages from the chinese government. but i won't hold my breath on that one.

damn...so thats where my stimulus check went! [emoji23]

doesnt sound like stimulus check though. if she is getting weekly, that sounds like the extra $600 unemployment benefit.
That's the thing, it's not unemployment, she never filed for unemployment. It's the stimulus program I guess, that's why I called BS. I mean if this is normal why is everybody whining about not getting any money.
I was told she received $1200 + $1000 for 2 kids when it was announced that we would all get $1200 each and her mother said she was getting an additional $1000 a week from Uncle Sam.

So does this sound normal to everyone?

wowza! $3k a week that's nice! i don't know what's happening with stimulus, seems a little strange.

I know a few people that are currently unemployed that get $649 a week from state unemployment and then the additional $600 a week from the government. After taxes they are bringing home $1078 a week. They are able to pay their bills and stay home. $4312 a month. That is the max amount in Oregon. They all make $60-100k a year normally. Some of them it’s a little more then they are use to some it’s a little less.

If you are not working in Canada, and had a good job but lost it due to the Corona virus, you can apply for $2,000 a month gross, before deductions. Things cost me here than in the USA, so it would not go very far.

Back