2.7 Prerunner?

Chucky

What engine is in the Prerunner Tacoma?
My 2011 access cab has a 2.7 four with a four speed automatic. I might want to do some Prerunner mods, but I'm not sure the lill 4 is up to taller wheels. With the air and cruise on it downshifts two gears an throws a hissy fit when I hit a hill unless I'm running about 4 mph over the speed limit. I don't want to unduly tax the little thing with taller wheels if it ain't up to it.

My 2011 access cab has a 2.7 four with a four speed automatic. I might want to do some Prerunner mods, but I'm not sure the lill 4 is up to taller wheels. With the air and cruise on it downshifts two gears an throws a hissy fit when I hit a hill unless I'm running about 4 mph over the speed limit. I don't want to unduly tax the little thing with taller wheels if it ain't up to it.
I’ve seen prerunners with the 3.4L V6.
The 2.7 likes stock tires you might get away with one size up from stock. If you re gear it with some 4:88’s then you could run 32’s maybe 33’s but it’s still not going to win races.

4x4 is also 2.7. What you need to keep in mind, however, is gear ratio. If you put on bigger wheels, you need to compensate for them with lower gearing in the differential. Prerunner/4x4 have 4.1:1 in the differential(s).

Back