2010 TRO Rear Shocks

JohnO_SLC

It's a bit past time to replace the rear shocks on my 2010 TRO. Got the rear springs replaced 3 years ago under recall, but it's started to bottom out on normal street "bumps". And it has started doing what is call 'bump steering,' where it wanders as it picks up off a bump.

Will a rear takeoff from a gen 3 fit, by chance? Otherwise, how do I go about selecting a replacement? Any tips on a good thread, online article, etc would be much appreciated.

Also, is it better to do front and rear together, or am I ok just doing the rear?

Usage: I telecommute, so the majority of miles are on the freeway when we head to southern Utah. I go into the backcountry on a regular basis (6-8x per summer) generally on forest service roads, but I do find my way out to Jeep tracks with baby heads. Put it this way- I use my rear diff lock 2-3 times a year, and 4x4 20-30x (including winter). Most of the time, I'm loaded with maybe a couple backpacks, but I do take out the WaveRunner and a week's worth of camping gear 1-2x.

Thanks!

I know it's been a long since posting. I finally got the time to take care of this. So far, I absolutely love the 5100's. I should have made the change years ago. It drives like a new vehicle--no more bump steer, no wandering when trucks pass me, nothing. It is, in a word, planted.

Thanks for the tip, all!

I know it's been a long since posting. I finally got the time to take care of this. So far, I absolutely love the 5100's. I should have made the change years ago. It drives like a new vehicle--no more bump steer, no wandering when trucks pass me, nothing. It is, in a word, planted.

Thanks for the tip, all!
Glad u found a happy place!

What do you mean all?
Theres only one reply in the thread :cool:

Back