2014 TRD Super Charger & Such...

bboulmay

Hello all - I am new here and will be picking up my 2014 Tacoma in the next few days... This will be my fourth Toyota Truck... The first thing I want to add is a TRD Super Charger and Cat back exhaust - but I am having issues finding out if they have a compatible version yet! Anyone here know?

Also - anyone have experience with these two mods? Good or bad? Thanks!

Theres at least a couple of us including myself who have the trd catback. I dont have a supercharger though. No complaints with the exhaust on my '13, good sound.

Exhaust and blower will fit. Contact TRD for part numbers. It takes a bit for them for update the numbers because they want to make sure it fits.

I have both in my 2012 Tacoma. A Supercharger and the Catback exhaust.
Works great in my opinion. Most recently I've moved and towed a Travel Traile, then my Truck fully loaded with a U Haul Car Trailer loaded and pulled both through the hills of the Southwest at the rate of 70 mph. MPg was around 15.
I would highly recommend them. By the way both are TRD and installed at the Dealer after purchase of my Truck.
Once again Bravo to Toyota.

the supercharger is listed in the 2014 brochure but didn't see the cat back there
Ask at the Dealership Parts Counter, and at the sometime they can schedule the install for you. And don't forget to ask for a discount if your getting both at once; it definitely is possible. I got one:thumbsup:

Super Charger Update

All,

The super charger is listed in the 2014 tacoma brochure - but it isn't supported by Toyota or TRD yet on the 2014... Apparently the support for the 2013 Tacoma came 7 Months after that model year hit the market!

I have not been able to find any reliable information for when the 2014 will be supported - from TRD or from the multiple dealerships I have spoken to.

Does anyone have more current info?

-Brian

I've got a 2013 doublecab 6 speed with a TRD supercharger and TRD cat-back. I don't think they changed anything from 2013 to 2014. I love it. I wish the exhaust was just a bit louder however. Toyota followed federal noise standards with their exhaust, and consequently, it's not as loud as other aftermarket exhausts.

Update...

I have the exhaust on - and a few other items...

still waiting on TRD to officially release the supercharger for the 2014... I have heard everything from several weeks to several months!!

Everything else is coming together nicely however

:eek:)

Hey guys I have a 2014 TRD Sport 4x4 DBCS. I really like the truck, but not how it sounds. Does this combo sound good when it is sitting and just idling?
I am not looking for more power, but that would be a nice side effect. I just want the whining noise gone.

I wish the TRD cat-back was a bit louder. My '13 has the s-c and TRD cat-back. I'm considering replacing muffler itself with an aftermarket muffler to make it a bit louder. Other than this, I love the truck.

The super charger and exhaust are nice to have in a new Tacoma or used. It give to truck a little more

Last edited:
Back