2016 sport manual 6 speed whine while feathering gas pedal at 55-62 mph.

Arizona

So I have had this whine for a while now and everything points to the pinion gear. My dealership told me it was a noise from the manual transmission and that it called for a sound deadener. I let them . They called and said the noice was gone. I picked it up and it was the same familiar noise still. I crawled u see and took a few pics before I called them back. Gonna go back so they can hear it. IMG_1461.jpgIMG_1462.jpg

Can you post a video of the sound? I’m curious what it sounds like...

‘18 manual here and haven’t heard anything unusual.

Mine has a bit of a whine at around the same speeds, but I feel like mine is coming from the rear end (2018 OR manual). I just saw a post here about leaking rear diffs, need to check that as I don't believe the whining noise always existed.

Mine has a bit of a whine at around the same speeds, but I feel like mine is coming from the rear end (2018 OR manual). I just saw a post here about leaking rear diffs, need to check that as I don't believe the whining noise always existed.
There is a TSB for the whining rear end.

I had the whining noice since day one and finally went to my dealer. They put a bandaid on the manual transmission and noise persisted, I told them it was the rear end and it took a factory rep to test drive it. Today he drove it and they ordered the rear end. Long way to be happy. Waiting on my leaf spring bushings(back ordered till unk).

I had the whining noice since day one and finally went to my dealer. They put a bandaid on the manual transmission and noise persisted, I told them it was the rear end and it took a factory rep to test drive it. Today he drove it and they ordered the rear end. Long way to be happy. Waiting on my leaf spring bushings(back ordered till unk).

Back