2016 Tacoma 3.5

Amador Sagana

The Toyota service dealer here in California told me that the timing cover gasket leaks, and to repair them, it will cost me $7,350.00, unfortunately I’m out of warranty, it’s a 2016 with 70k miles on it. Very unlucky Taco me. Any advise people. Thanks

The Toyota service dealer here in California told me that the timing cover gasket leaks, and to repair them, it will cost me $7,350.00, unfortunately I’m out of warranty, it’s a 2016 with 70k miles on it. Very unlucky Taco me. Any advise people. Thanks
I'd try some high mileage oil. The main job of high mileage oil is to rejuvenate or swell seals to slow or stop leaks. Personally I've never used any but that's what they claim and you're close to the advertised mileage to start using it. At most all you'll be out is an oil change and may save you over $7k.

Just use a can of engine cleaner every so often. It's not a pressure leak, but a seep type leak. So don't worry about it.

Back