2017 toy jerks from speed bump.

texasred

June 2017 Taco Limited. Loaded. V6, auto,electric, all the pimpin stuff. (BUT NO DONK!!!). No raise. Stock everything. Used as a gentleman’s truck weekdays with some real hawling most weekends.

Love the truck for 99% of the deal

Problem is transmission in shifting to low but not stop situations. Like slowing down for speed bumps. Downshifts,on acceleratio , it revs like it in neutral a couple of seconds before trans kicks (jerks) into gear. Same with “rolling stops” at lights and stop signs.

Is it my poor pedal control? Certainly tried. Still there.

Got 15,000 inspection coming up. At 12K, they Looked at me like I was retarted. Should I learn to live with it or press to test with the tech monkeys and make them realize there is a problem

Kinda dissaponted with ToyotaCare so fat. [emoji41]

Thanks in advance

C.j.

I also have been told that it’s axle wrap. Check to make sure your u bolts are torqued to the right spec. Just idea. I’m by no means a mechanic.

June 2017 Taco Limited. Loaded. V6, auto,electric, all the pimpin stuff. (BUT NO DONK!!!). No raise. Stock everything. Used as a gentleman’s truck weekdays with some real hawling most weekends.

Love the truck for 99% of the deal

Problem is transmission in shifting to low but not stop situations. Like slowing down for speed bumps. Downshifts,on acceleratio , it revs like it in neutral a couple of seconds before trans kicks (jerks) into gear. Same with “rolling stops” at lights and stop signs.

Is it my poor pedal control? Certainly tried. Still there.

Got 15,000 inspection coming up. At 12K, they Looked at me like I was retarted. Should I learn to live with it or press to test with the tech monkeys and make them realize there is a problem

Kinda dissaponted with ToyotaCare so fat. [emoji41]

Thanks in advance

C.j.
Bro I have a 16 idk if it is normal but I can tell you this much. In the beginning I was psyching myself out because I thought that maybe it had something to do with me changing out the muffler. Then I thought it had something to do with me doing donuts in the desert. However I do think that had something to do with it... Long story short it had gotten to the point where my truck would feel like it was rolling in neutral and when I accelerate it would take a minute for the transmission to kick in where you would feel that jerking. But I never really had that problem approaching speed bumps mine was always trying to get into traffic and to get it to go. One situation I had where I was leaving for work when I tried to pull in front of oncoming traffic my truck literally stalled out and I drive an automatic I didn't even know that was something that's possible so for me I took it to Toyota I had them check it out and they said that they had to open up I believe was the CAV or something like that in which they said that they found debris and that me offroading was what caused that but you have just confirmed but that wasn't the case.

Or maybe doing donuts was the case I don't know my point is I don't Offroad anymore or even try to attempt to because I learned risking my truck for a few minutes ofd pleasure is just not worth it. Take it to Toyota ASAP explain to them what's going on and they have to fix it

It could be something with traction control. I’ve saw were people turn it on all the time. I’m busy right now or I would tell you the button

Push the ect pwr button and see if that changes anything.my off-road has that button . Not sure if the limited does. Just a suggestion.

Back