2024 Toyota Tacoma - special ordering

exner60

According to my local Toyota dealership, customers cannot special order a Tacoma. The sales manager added that the dealership cannot specify Tacomas; they have to take what is sent to them. I've ordered vehicles in the past from Chrysler and Ford. Is what the sales manager told me correct?

Last edited:
You can't just cherry pick what options you want in a tacoma, if they don't have your truck on the lot. You can ask the dealer to request a tacoma from toyota that been built with certain port added tech packages, and then ask for any dealer available options you may like.

Last edited:
The days of "custom order builds" are disappearing quickly, if not totally gone already.

Each custom order will slow and complicate the production line. This increases cost and impacts the bottom line. Most companies build to a set menu of options. The "menu" is defined by regional trends and sales volumes. This is mainly the demise of manual gear crunchers. Small market demand.

The days of "custom order builds" are disappearing quickly, if not totally gone already.

Each custom order will slow and complicate the production line. This increases cost and impacts the bottom line. Most companies build to a set menu of options. The "menu" is defined by regional trends and sales volumes. This is mainly the demise of manual gear crunchers. Small market demand.
Yup, as for a demand for a manual...toyota claims less than 1% still want one in a tacoma. You never could buy a tundra with one in the nearly 25 years they've been in production.

I did the same with my 2020 sr5 that was built in texas...took about 8-9 weeks. Only toyota I ever owned in over 45 years that I did something like this. Rest of them owned were off the dealers lots.

i just picked the one on the lot at the time with MT + the sport bucket seats and made the deal nearly approaching 27 years now :oops:
and there ain't been a taco look like it since ever now
if ya don't know ya don't know.

You can say what you want about the new taco's, but they are better in many ways then their previous gen ones.

Back