3rd Gen fog lights

TacoNorth

This is my 3rd Tacoma. I've had one of each of the previous generations, but this is the first to have fog lights. After driving in a snowstorm a few weeks ago I switched out the OEM halogen bulbs for amber LED bulbs because the OEM bulbs lit up the falling snow so much that it made it harder to see down the road. Last night I drove in another storm and turned on the fogs. The amber color was easier on the eye but the problem was just as bad as they lit up the blowing snow in front of me. Has anyone heard of visors or some "eyelid" type of attachment for foglights that would keep the light down+out instead of all over the place? I've got to imagine this happens in actual fog too.

This is my 3rd Tacoma. I've had one of each of the previous generations, but this is the first to have fog lights. After driving in a snowstorm a few weeks ago I switched out the OEM halogen bulbs for amber LED bulbs because the OEM bulbs lit up the falling snow so much that it made it harder to see down the road. Last night I drove in another storm and turned on the fogs. The amber color was easier on the eye but the problem was just as bad as they lit up the blowing snow in front of me. Has anyone heard of visors or some "eyelid" type of attachment for foglights that would keep the light down+out instead of all over the place? I've got to imagine this happens in actual fog too.
Lived in Idaho for many years. I never found a suitable answer. It helped when I made a bracket to mount them deeper into my bull bar, but that was on a Jeep.
You got the right idea. Just keep brainstorming.

You can adjust the light angle on the back of the fog lights by turning the gear with a Phillips screw driver. I had to adjust mine to angle down more because they were pointing to high in the fog. once i lowered them they work 100% better

Back