4wd's Budget Build

Discussion in 'Member Builds' started by 4wd, Jul 12, 2013.

1. 4wd

4wd Well-Known Member

This is the last MOD I've done, just relocated 1 shock is all, now they're configured the same...

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    4wd

4wd Well-Known Member

Ok I don't have my white truck any more, so I'll start over with this 04' TRD 4x DC....... IMG_20160908_163423.jpg

Bogunn likes this.
  4. OP
    4wd

4wd Well-Known Member

IMG_20170419_195235.jpg I don't have many pics of truck when I got it but it was stock condition... I didn't care for the dash illumination so a visit to jumper's LEDS got me into a blue shade, lovem'...

IMG_20170419_195228.jpg IMG_20170419_195228.jpg

Bogunn and kp.taco like this.
  5. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

I had an ‘04 4WD Regular Cab that same color for a few years. The one truck I wish I’d have kept above all of them.
    I like the dash lights.

4wd likes this.
  6. OP
    4wd

4wd Well-Known Member

& of course the weak ass rear springs weren't going to cut it so I started to experiment a little with old Chevy truck springs to help out with firming up & some lift as well... IMG_20170616_155702.jpg IMG_20170616_154738.jpg IMG_20170612_172515.jpg

Bogunn likes this.
  7. OP
    4wd

4wd Well-Known Member

DSC00122_zpse1726541.jpg

Bogunn likes this.
  8. OP
    4wd

4wd Well-Known Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

OOPPSS wrong pic..

Right pics

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

IMG_20170403_151212(2).jpg IMG_20170327_142606.jpg

kp.taco, Bogunn and OR17TRD like this.
  9. OP
    4wd

4wd Well-Known Member

I've done the grey wire MOD, deckplate MOD, diff breather MOD, refurbed my rear springs & put 5100's on all corners

Oh, & LED interiors/dash & turn signal relocation in front... thats about it for now

10. OP
    4wd

4wd Well-Known Member

I'd love to take an 04' standard cab 4x, give it an E locker & SAS the front, get away from the IFS...

Bogunn likes this.
  11. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

First thing you need is an 04' standard cab 4x4.

12. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Good looking Taco

The_Dirty_Dixie likes this.
  13. OP
    4wd

4wd Well-Known Member

DSC00134_zps34aea2db.jpg 489688-d668d7133d4573dc8b91120b7a368994.jpg

I miss this truck...I'm ok with the color of my 04' (more or less) But I'm going to paint it white eventually

14. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

[QUOTE I miss this truck...I'm ok with the color of my 04' (more or less) But I'm going to paint it white eventually[/QUOTE]

Great looking rig man. I bet you do miss it. Although I love that red.
    How did the old Chevy springs do with the 5100’s? Half ton springs I assume. I’m curious to how the payload increase would be with the new springs. It may be common but I’ve never seen anyone do that. Pretty ingenious.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    BIRDSLAYER likes this.
  15. BIRDSLAYER

BIRDSLAYER Well-Known Member

Beautiful truck! I made a vow to never sell this one. I had a built rig years ago and let it go. Now to find a badass bumper like 4WD's!

Attached Files:

4wd and Bogunn like this.
  16. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Absolutely man! If you can hold on to a build like that as a daily driver or toy do it.

4wd likes this.
  17. OP
    4wd

4wd Well-Known Member

How did the old Chevy springs do with the 5100’s? Half ton springs I assume. I’m curious to how the payload increase would be with the new springs. It may be common but I’ve never seen anyone do that. Pretty ingenious.[/QUOTE]

Thanks dude, here's a link to my thread on rebuilding tacoma springs, the thread is locked so you can't post or ask questions,etc: (but thats of no concern, you have a question about the process, I'm right here haha )

It's a long read (few hundred pages) but a lot of info, it'll give you an idea of who I am or who I was on another site...

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/tacoma-spring-refurbishing.194386/

Bogunn likes this.
  18. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Good to go man. I’ll read through it. Thanks for the info.

19. OP
    4wd

4wd Well-Known Member

Bogunn likes this.
  20. OP
    4wd

4wd Well-Known Member

How did the old Chevy springs do with the 5100’s? Half ton springs I assume. I’m curious to how the payload increase would be with the new springs. It may be common but I’ve never seen anyone do that. Pretty ingenious.[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys, it always makes ya feel good to see others that can appreciate that you've put alot of yourself into your build...

BIRDSLAYER and Bogunn like this.
  21. Bojangles

Bojangles Well-Known Member

4wd and Bogunn like this.