87 pickup

jakedillon

IMG_1509849716.804374.jpg
$200 paid. 4x4 5 speed. Runs but needs some work. Have no clue where to start. Would love to wheel this eventually. ‘17 trd sport as daily driver. Any advise appreciated.

View attachment 13583
$200 paid. 4x4 5 speed. Runs but needs some work. Have no clue where to start. Would love to wheel this eventually. ‘17 trd sport as daily driver. Any advise appreciated.
I would start with draining and replacing all fluids and doing a tune up replace the plugs, cap, rotor, wires check the brake pads replace if needed. Check the engine for leaks, they like to leak around the main front seal, oil pump area. If you get into it I’d replace the water pump while in there they are cheap enough and if it’s never been replaced it’s a good idea to do before it goes out and leaves you stranded on the trail.

Cool thanks. With this being so cheap, I can afford to do a lot to it. I’d imagine it will be a long process. But it will give my son and I some bonding time. I can do easier mechanical jobs. Just not so sure about tackling a sas on my own down the road.

Back