87 pickup

Discussion in 'Toyota Pickup Forum' started by jakedillon, Nov 4, 2017.

1. jakedillon

jakedillon Member

IMG_1509849716.804374.jpg
    $200 paid. 4x4 5 speed. Runs but needs some work. Have no clue where to start. Would love to wheel this eventually. ‘17 trd sport as daily driver. Any advise appreciated.

Bogunn likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Awesome. Congrats on the great buy.

jakedillon likes this.
  4. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

I would start with draining and replacing all fluids and doing a tune up replace the plugs, cap, rotor, wires check the brake pads replace if needed. Check the engine for leaks, they like to leak around the main front seal, oil pump area. If you get into it I’d replace the water pump while in there they are cheap enough and if it’s never been replaced it’s a good idea to do before it goes out and leaves you stranded on the trail.

jakedillon likes this.
  5. OP
    jakedillon

jakedillon Member

Cool thanks. With this being so cheap, I can afford to do a lot to it. I’d imagine it will be a long process. But it will give my son and I some bonding time. I can do easier mechanical jobs. Just not so sure about tackling a sas on my own down the road.

OR17TRD likes this.
  6. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

It will be a good learning experience for your son.

Bogunn and jakedillon like this.