AC blows hot air when coming to a stop

Csilver3

Not sure if it happens to all Tacoma owners at some point, but my AC blows hot air when my Tacoma comes to a stop or when it's idling. Do I need freon, my blower motor bad, condenser bad (condenser fan if it even has one)??

They don't blow cold when at a stop but should blow cool air, not warm or hot. If you just started it, it takes a while before it blows cold. But if the truck is warmed up and when you come to a stop it blows warm, your probably low on Freon. This indicates a leak in the system which is probably a bad O ring. My 2015 A/C has been checked at the dealer because I didn't feel it blows very cold. They said it's normal and they don't get really cold like some other vehicles.

That was my 2nd biggest complaint with the new yoder. There's literally no off button to keep air from blowing thru the vents. I'm so used to my work truck. You shut it off, nothing comes thru. I have to close or turn the vents upward. Then there's the hot air under the dash. I can turn the defrost on and it stops. At first, I thought something was wrong.

That was my 2nd biggest complaint with the new yoder. There's literally no off button to keep air from blowing thru the vents. I'm so used to my work truck. You shut it off, nothing comes thru. I have to close or turn the vents upward. Then there's the hot air under the dash. I can turn the defrost on and it stops. At first, I thought something was wrong.

Not sure about the new Tacos but in the 2nd gen you had to hold the recirculate button for about 5 seconds while closing to keep it from auto opening. Defrost mode will keep it open.

I keep my circulation button and my AC on all the time. I don't have to hold the button for no air to come through when I turn my air off. It will turn off when I need to defog the inside of the windows. Defrost works better with the circulation off to defog the inside. It automatically will turn off and can't be turned on anyways. Defrosting the outside I'll turn it to the defrost and feet setting and turn my circulation on it seems to melt the frost and or ice while keeping the inside warmer. May just all be in my head.

I keep my circulation button and my AC on all the time. I don't have to hold the button for no air to come through when I turn my air off. It will turn off when I need to defog the inside of the windows. Defrost works better with the circulation off to defog the inside. It automatically will turn off and can't be turned on anyways. Defrosting the outside I'll turn it to the defrost and feet setting and turn my circulation on it seems to melt the frost and or ice while keeping the inside warmer. May just all be in my head.

Max AC will keep recirc closed.

Mine blew hot for a while then I went to autozone and asked for a new condenser for the a/c and he told me just to spray the condenser out cause of dirt is in the condenser it's blocking air from going through and I washed it out and now it blows just fine , it's in the front of your truck right behind the grill

Back