AC on with defrost

Skip Thompson

On my 5th Tacoma - this one 2017. I have modified all previous ones so I can manually turn on the AC when in defrost mode. In other words, I do not want the AC to come on automatically when in defrost mode. Anyone know how?

On my 5th Tacoma - this one 2017. I have modified all previous ones so I can manually turn on the AC when in defrost mode. In other words, I do not want the AC to come on automatically when in defrost mode. Anyone know how?

Welcome to the forum. All you have to do is click off the A/C button after it kicks in. It will turn off unless you’re in max a/c.

The AC is always on in defrost. It is mean to dry the air so the windows clear up faster. The 2nd gen would let you turn the light off but the AC would still be on.

Congrats on the 2017 Tacoma. Welcome to the forum. I keep my ac on all the time.

The AC is always on in defrost. It is mean to dry the air so the windows clear up faster. The 2nd gen would let you turn the light off but the AC would still be on.

I didn’t recall it was on all the time in the second gen. Can it. It be turned off? The OP said he modified so he could turn it off.

Back