Ac trouble

I have a 2007 4 cylinder that I've had since 2014. It's an awesome truck. Sometimes my ac acts weird from time to time. I will drive to wherever I'm going and kill the truck and do whatever i needed to. When i get back in my truck and start it, my ac won't come on at all at any setting i put it on at all. The lights on the controller work. The coolant is good. But after i start driving for a little while it will magically come back on any ideas what it could be?

I have a 2007 4 cylinder that I've had since 2014. It's an awesome truck. Sometimes my ac acts weird from time to time. I will drive to wherever I'm going and kill the truck and do whatever i needed to. When i get back in my truck and start it, my ac won't come on at all at any setting i put it on at all. The lights on the controller work. The coolant is good. But after i start driving for a little while it will magically come back on any ideas what it could be?

Most likely your resistor under the dash by the blower motor. You can buy the resistor and the new wiring harness for 45$ on Amazon and it’s the oem parts. Mine does it every once in a while and I can give it a little love tap and it kicks on [emoji23]

I've replaced the resistor before maybe a year ago. The last time the resistor went out, it would still work on high so I wasn't sure if that was it this time.

I have the same problem. It is not the actual resistor itself but the wiring connection. If the connection is bad enough you will see burnt discoloration on the wires/resistor. If I have a passenger I just get them to kick their foot under the glove box and that usually makes the connection good enough again. LOL. It sounds like you as well as myself could use a new wiring harness.

That turned out to be a cheap fix. If you’d have paid someone to do it Lord only knows what the labor would have been.
True id taken my truck to a dealorship to get a warrenty checked out (everything was good) and they gave my truck a check up. They said that i needed new tires, a valve cover gasket, and a gear Oil change. They quoted me almost $1000. I bought 4 new tires for $300, a gasket for $30 and the oil was $30 i think. Did it all myself for a hell of a lot cheaper.

True id taken my truck to a dealorship to get a warrenty checked out (everything was good) and they gave my truck a check up. They said that i needed new tires, a valve cover gasket, and a gear Oil change. They quoted me almost $1000. I bought 4 new tires for $300, a gasket for $30 and the oil was $30 i think. Did it all myself for a hell of a lot cheaper.
$600 cheaper. Nice!

Back