Adding EVO-One remote start to 2017 SR without factory keyless entry.

BeGaK

This is a long write, but if you decide to do this install it will be worth the read.

I have a 2017 Tacoma SR Access cab utility package 4x4 H-Key (not a push start). Utility package means that it came with very few extras. I have been wanting to do upgrades such as intermittent wiper, cruise, key less entry and remote start. I've already done the wipers and cruise. See member moe2o4 page, he has great write up on both. After researching key less entry modules I found that it was easier to just go with the Evo-One system. The Evo-One system would cover both the key less entry and remote start plus add a alarm system. I installed the Evo system today and I just wanted to share some of the problems and solutions to maybe spare the next guy so headache.
The system I decided to go with was a Fortin Evo-One with the Fortin Crime stopper FTX-64-2W long range remote.To simplify installation I also got the Fortin Thar-One-Toy5 t-harness. With the t-harness I DID NOT have to cut, splice, or solder one wire during installation. The only wire I had to manual connect was a ground wire. It took about 30 minutes to remove trim pieces, unplug and reconnect ignition, OBD2, and BCM to harness, tie everything down, and reinstall trim pieces. Now with that said the programming took me forever. With the Evo-One system it is a must that you get the Flash Link 2 to customize the Evo module to work with your Tacoma. Fortin has great customer service but not on the weekend when I was doing this so a lot was trail and error and researching on the internet.
So now I have key less entry with remote start and a basic alarm system that I can expand on in the future. The 2 way remote is great with long range. Below are links to varies item and guide that aided me in the completion.

T-Harness- I had to get this out of Canada because US retailer do not have access yet. Cost 88.77 USD
https://www.carsystemsinstallation.ca/product/thar-one-toy5---t-harness/

I got the Evo-One (106.00USD), FTX-64-2W (79.88USD), and Flash Link 2 (54.85USD) on Amazon.

Evo-One Install Guide for 2017 Tacoma H-Key with Toy5 t-harness
http://cdn.fortin.ca/download/71481/evo-one_ig_thr_bi_toy5-tacoma_2016-2017_hkey_a_71481.pdf

Remote Program Guide it took me forever to find this to finally get the remotes to pair with Evo-One
http://cdn.fortin.ca/download/29221/revo11-intall-guide-29221.pdf

Here are the setting I used in Flash link2 to get this to work. You have to toggle between bypass and remote start in the Flash Link program. You find complete list in pull down menu under the Config then Unit options First number is line second number is option from left to right.
Bypass. A.1, A.3, A.7, A.9, B.1, C.1, D.5
Remote Start. 1.Fortin2, 2.4, 3.3, 4.1, 6.3, 7.1, 8.2, 9.1, 11.1, 12.1, 13.2, 14.2, 15.1, 16.5, 18.1, 19.1, 20.6, 21.2, 24.1, 25.0, 26.1, 29.1, 30.1, 31.1, 32.1, 33.1, 34.1, 35.1, 36.2, 37.1, 38.1, 39.1

Hope this helps.

This is a long write, but if you decide to do this install it will be worth the read.

I have a 2017 Tacoma SR Access cab utility package 4x4 H-Key (not a push start). Utility package means that it came with very few extras. I have been wanting to do upgrades such as intermittent wiper, cruise, key less entry and remote start. I've already done the wipers and cruise. See member moe2o4 page, he has great write up on both. After researching key less entry modules I found that it was easier to just go with the Evo-One system. The Evo-One system would cover both the key less entry and remote start plus add a alarm system. I installed the Evo system today and I just wanted to share some of the problems and solutions to maybe spare the next guy so headache.
The system I decided to go with was a Fortin Evo-One with the Fortin Crime stopper FTX-64-2W long range remote.To simplify installation I also got the Fortin Thar-One-Toy5 t-harness. With the t-harness I DID NOT have to cut, splice, or solder one wire during installation. The only wire I had to manual connect was a ground wire. It took about 30 minutes to remove trim pieces, unplug and reconnect ignition, OBD2, and BCM to harness, tie everything down, and reinstall trim pieces. Now with that said the programming took me forever. With the Evo-One system it is a must that you get the Flash Link 2 to customize the Evo module to work with your Tacoma. Fortin has great customer service but not on the weekend when I was doing this so a lot was trail and error and researching on the internet.
So now I have key less entry with remote start and a basic alarm system that I can expand on in the future. The 2 way remote is great with long range. Below are links to varies item and guide that aided me in the completion.

T-Harness- I had to get this out of Canada because US retailer do not have access yet. Cost 88.77 USD
https://www.carsystemsinstallation.ca/product/thar-one-toy5---t-harness/

I got the Evo-One (106.00USD), FTX-64-2W (79.88USD), and Flash Link 2 (54.85USD) on Amazon.

Evo-One Install Guide for 2017 Tacoma H-Key with Toy5 t-harness
http://cdn.fortin.ca/download/71481/evo-one_ig_thr_bi_toy5-tacoma_2016-2017_hkey_a_71481.pdf

Remote Program Guide it took me forever to find this to finally get the remotes to pair with Evo-One
http://cdn.fortin.ca/download/29221/revo11-intall-guide-29221.pdf

Here are the setting I used in Flash link2 to get this to work. You have to toggle between bypass and remote start in the Flash Link program. You find complete list in pull down menu under the Config then Unit options First number is line second number is option from left to right.
Bypass. A.1, A.3, A.7, A.9, B.1, C.1, D.5
Remote Start. 1.Fortin2, 2.4, 3.3, 4.1, 6.3, 7.1, 8.2, 9.1, 11.1, 12.1, 13.2, 14.2, 15.1, 16.5, 18.1, 19.1, 20.6, 21.2, 24.1, 25.0, 26.1, 29.1, 30.1, 31.1, 32.1, 33.1, 34.1, 35.1, 36.2, 37.1, 38.1, 39.1

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the write up.
I have the 12 volt solutions plug and play. They have an H key option for the base model SR/SR5 too.
The biggest downside to the 12 volt solutions is that you use the factory fob (which I like) but it has such limited range.

Back