Adding rear cross traffic alert

Joisey

Is it possible to add rear cross traffic alert to my 2018 TRD of road? I understand the wiring harness is under the dash, not sure about the wiring harness to the rear of the vehicle.

As my truck does not have this feature, I would have to say yes, I believe so. I'm wondering if the rear harness for the sensors is already there, or is it a different harness??

It would have been nice if the price was within reason, say $700 total. Then what if you buy all the parts, install them and it doesn't work?? (my luck).

Oh well, my brainstorm.

I’m an assistant fire chief and I have a 2016 Tacoma outfitted with light allover it. I have rear warning lights inside my cab against the back window I also have headlight and taillight flashers and my fog light alternate as well. If you know basic wiring it’s pretty simple.

Is it possible to add rear cross traffic alert to my 2018 TRD of road? I understand the wiring harness is under the dash, not sure about the wiring harness to the rear of the vehicle.
This is on new tacomas as technology package. Cost 770 . I have it on my 2020 off road. It's well worth the cost.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

I wish they had sensors in front bumper like my wife's x3 it would make parking a lifted hood scooped Trd sport a lot easier .just sayin'.

Crazy as it seems. That's why I purchased the off road. I didn't like the scoop on the Sport because of the restricted view. Now, I really liked the sport ride better than the off road. But, I can get that on the off road by going fron a 16 to 17 inch wheel.

Crazy as it seems. That's why I purchased the off road. I didn't like the scoop on the Sport because of the restricted view. Now, I really liked the sport ride better than the off road. But, I can get that on the off road by going fron a 16 to 17 inch wheel.

If you like the sport ride, I've got the shocks for you. Let me know.

Back