Additional mods with 3” lift? 2019 OR

I’m considering a 3” suspension lift for my OR in the foreseeable future with 32-33” tires. Are there any additional necessary/suggested mods such as different gear ratios, differentials, etc., in order to maintain performance and reduce the chance of mechanical failures?

If the truck is a V6, you really don’t need to worry about changing gears for 32-33” tires. It depends on the kind of lift you get on whether you’ll need new UCAs. Generally Tacos perform just as well with 33s as stock because there isn’t a huge difference in the tire ratio. Normally it isn’t until you throw 35s on that you need to worry about gears. I say throw the 3” true suspension lift on with the 33s and enjoy the truck as is. Others may have different thoughts or ideas of what you can do, but through personal experience with several tacos, 3” and 33s are very minimal difference in power.

I’m considering a 3” suspension lift for my OR in the foreseeable future with 32-33” tires. Are there any additional necessary/suggested mods such as different gear ratios, differentials, etc., in order to maintain performance and reduce the chance of mechanical failures?
You'll probably find this interesting...
I have 3 pedals and 2,000rpm = 58mph in 6th from the factory. Here's a nice video...

Back