Aftermarket headlight options?

Philipgonzales3

First off my Uncle owns a 2005 Tacoma. He doesn't use the internet much so I told him I would help him.

A little over a year ago he got his factory headlights swapped out for the spyder halo projectors. The reason for the switch is that his original ones became yellow/discolored. He figured it was time for a new look. Well the spyder ones got moisture in them within a couple of months and he's wanting to change them out.

I know a retrofit is usually the best option but we are looking for something plug and play. LED preferably, and honestly brightness level is not a super high concern. Like we aren't looking for HID's or anything. We understand that quality usually costs more. So any suggestions on where to look? He mentioned he likes the strip LED of the newer style Tacomas if that's possible.

First off my Uncle owns a 2005 Tacoma. He doesn't use the internet much so I told him I would help him.

A little over a year ago he got his factory headlights swapped out for the spyder halo projectors. The reason for the switch is that his original ones became yellow/discolored. He figured it was time for a new look. Well the spyder ones got moisture in them within a couple of months and he's wanting to change them out.

I know a retrofit is usually the best option but we are looking for something plug and play. LED preferably, and honestly brightness level is not a super high concern. Like we aren't looking for HID's or anything. We understand that quality usually costs more. So any suggestions on where to look? He mentioned he likes the strip LED of the newer style Tacomas if that's possible.
New oem toyota.

Or keep trying ebay, Spyder, tacomabeast. Just take em apart and reseal em properly.

Go with a normal halogen bulb

Hi, I have an 05 Tacoma and did the same, replaced factory headlights w/Spyder Halo's and have been very happy with them. Since I replaced them, I had a burned out resistor module and sent a pic to SPYDER, they replaced it free and I have not had any problems with it since. I changed them out in 2016 and still have them on my 05TACO, they are still working great! I think if you let Spyder know about the issue you have they may be willing to work with you.20048.jpegFullSizeR.jpeg20160802_200331.jpeg

Hi, I have an 05 Tacoma and did the same, replaced factory headlights w/Spyder Halo's and have been very happy with them. Since I replaced them, I had a burned out resistor module and sent a pic to SPYDER, they replaced it free and I have not had any problems with it since. I changed them out in 2016 and still have them on my 05TACO, they are still working great! I think if you let Spyder know about the issue you have they may be willing to work with you.View attachment 28453View attachment 28454View attachment 28455
That's great... how long have you worked for spyder?

One of the first changes I'm going to do is replace my stock lights with HID lights.
My 04 Sienna has HID low beams from the factory. Best lights I e ever rode behind. I found a company that will do a full HID kit.
Around two hundred bucks. I like em better than LEDs.

Back