Aftermarket Radios

sjoh527

Hey all!

So I'm not planning on doing this right away probably some time next summer for the longer trips. But who here has replaced their stock radio unit? Have a few questions regarding how hard was it. Was it worth it? What does it look like? Would you recommend it to a fellow taco owner?

~sj

Last edited:
I find the Tacoma head unit so easy to use. My wife's Audi SUV, by comparison, is a nightmare. Too many buttons and no touch screen.

A comparison between Tacoma and Pioneer will be appreciated. Save your money.

I find the Tacoma head unit so easy to use. My wife's Audi SUV, by comparison, is a nightmare. Too many buttons and no touch screen.

A comparison between Tacoma and Pioneer will be appreciated. Save your money.

I like my head unit too.
The new update downloaded today. The Entune app is much better but pandora is gone.

I like my head unit too.
The new update downloaded today. The Entune app is much better but pandora is gone.

Yeah and here's the thing. I live off Spotify and when I did my test drive I didn't find a good way to control my phone through it. I know I didn't have very long to work with the entune system. So I'm definitely going to wait 4 months before I do anything but I have a feeling I'm going to end up switching it.

I like my head unit too.

How is it better? To tell the truth, I unloaded Entune because it was so random with the apps and no way to deselect unused ones.

Last edited:
How does that work out of curiosity? What all can you control via it? I didn't get the chance to use it when test driving.

You download the app and link your music accounts etc to it. Now you can plug in your destination for the navigation and look for restaurants, hotels etc.

Back