Air Conditioning

That's some build up. Also, as soon as I took the evap core out, that line just fell off. Great. Always something. Anyone know what line that's called? The low pressure side of the evaporator core 20190614_192730.jpeg20190614_193821.jpeg

Is there a tensioner or an adjustment bolt to move it?
Is the belt trying to jump off the pulley?
Not that I have seen? Maybe. But yeah it walks off of the pulley whenever it cranks over, it rides right there on the edge and it kind of turns the compressor. It's weird because the parts house has 2 different size compressors for that engine. One has a 4.25 diameter pulley and the other is a 4.75 diameter pulley. I have the 4.75 on it now. I don't know of that has anything to do with it?

Not that I have seen? Maybe. But yeah it walks off of the pulley whenever it cranks over, it rides right there on the edge and it kind of turns the compressor. It's weird because the parts house has 2 different size compressors for that engine. One has a 4.25 diameter pulley and the other is a 4.75 diameter pulley. I have the 4.75 on it now. I don't know of that has anything to do with it?
Sounds like it does. Maybe check into that.

Fabbed up some brackets! The compressor fits and the belt rides perfectly! Throwing a vac pump on and throwing some freon in the system tomorrow morning! 20190621_231125.jpeg

Good work! Had to have total replacement in 2012 on my '96, which cost me $1400 parts/labor at the dealer.

I look at your photo reports and remember what a great job you have done. You have golden hands. It seems to me that you can repair everything that comes to your hand.

Back