Alert light

John P. Ferry

Help!
I went grocery shopping today. I pulled to a place to park and then saw a place where I could park and not worry about someone opening a door and dinging my truck. Yea, I know it's going to get scratched but its been 15 years since I bought a vehicle to replace my 2003 GMC. As I pulled thought the space ahead of mine the alert light came on, I was crawling through the spot through the open area it went out I turned pulled into another area where no one could park on my left side and far enough where if some one park on my right side they would have to be at least three feet away. I was pulling in there light came on then went out. When I left the parking area, I had to back out no alert light. This is the first time its come on since I bought it 1300 mines on it. Anyone have nay ideas what it might be, if I should take it to the dealer, Damn I have taking a vehicle in and waiting around. They give you a time, you get here then half hour late they take it in hang around half an hour flip a count see who's going to say there's nothing wrong with it.

John

What alert light? Pictures of light? I’m guessing it’s a 2018 with TSS-P and that would be normal for it to sound or flash if objects were around you and you were moving. Also pulling into a spot close to a curb lightpost, trees or bushes I’m going to say it picked up on something there too. Backing up it knew you were backing out and clear of obstacles. No light.
There are sensitivity setting that can be changed. @Bogunn was talking about them in another thread.

Help!
I went grocery shopping today. I pulled to a place to park and then saw a place where I could park and not worry about someone opening a door and dinging my truck. Yea, I know it's going to get scratched but its been 15 years since I bought a vehicle to replace my 2003 GMC. As I pulled thought the space ahead of mine the alert light came on, I was crawling through the spot through the open area it went out I turned pulled into another area where no one could park on my left side and far enough where if some one park on my right side they would have to be at least three feet away. I was pulling in there light came on then went out. When I left the parking area, I had to back out no alert light. This is the first time its come on since I bought it 1300 mines on it. Anyone have nay ideas what it might be, if I should take it to the dealer, Damn I have taking a vehicle in and waiting around. They give you a time, you get here then half hour late they take it in hang around half an hour flip a count see who's going to say there's nothing wrong with it.

John

Without knowing what light/sound you’re talking about I don’t know what to tell you.
If it’s a backup sensor or TSS-P related then it can be adjusted by decreasing sensitivity in settings or simply turning them off.
Did this happen while you were backing or what?
Need more information, specifically what warning light, to help you.

its a triangular light in dash near speedometer yellow blindking

That can be from a couple things. If your emergency brake is on and you’re moving or the key isn’t within range of the truck and it’s running it will come on.
I’m not 100% sure but if the door is open while the truck is in gear I think it comes on also.

Also, this can be a maintenance reminder if you’re at 4500 miles or more.
That light comes on when there is a message in the driver information center. Scroll over with your steering wheel controls next time it does it and see what it says.
If it’s the maintenance indicator it can easily be reset and will do it every 5k.

You have mail or maybe a message... scroll to the messages tab on the interactive display in the instrument cluster see if it says anything. Let us know if your truck is talking to you. :confused:

Also, this can be a maintenance reminder if you’re at 4500 miles or more.
That light comes on when there is a message in the driver information center. Scroll over with your steering wheel controls next time it does it and see what it says.
If it’s the maintenance indicator it can easily be reset and will do it every 5k.
I think there is 1300 miles on it

Back