Anybody know what this button is for on a 2001 tacoma

Found a bunch of wires. Looks like it's not connected, maybe it's for aftermarket lights.

It definitely doesn't have a power slider, but maybe the previous owner had one.

It definitely doesn't have a power slider, but maybe the previous owner had one.

If it doesn't light up or you don't hear anything when you push id say your safe. If you get bored you could always investigate.

Sent from my iPhone using Taco Forum mobile app

Agreed, aftermarket. Since it has two buttons, I'd assume lights or a rear slider like others have suggested. The icon on it leans me more towards some sort of interior accent lights, or possibly ground-effects lighting.

On mine ... That's for differential lock

Sent from my iPhone using Taco Forum
It is in the correct location of the diff lock switch. However, when trucks don't come with factory diff lock there is a punch out there for aftermarket switches. I'm no Toyo expert but I have never seen a factory diff switch like that.
YaYo11-just to eliminate a factory diff lock. If you have a 4 cylinder 2001 Toyota did not offer Differential rear locker. I'm 99% sure.

Okayyyy TRD package? Here again-99%sure TRD package on 6 bangers included locking diff. The 6 cylinder w/out TRD package would have to be specifically ordered if factory allowed at all. And as previously noted the switch is in the correct position for the LD switch on this year. But I cant see why in the world anyone would DC the Diff lock. I'm leaning with the rest--aftermarket light switch which has been disconnected. Decode the VIN, this should tell you if it has a factory locker among other things. At least then you are able to rule out Locker.

That's a code pad for and after market alarm system, viper or Clifford.... It's a secondary defense incase someone by passes your man siren and motion/tilt sensors..... without them knowing how the enter the correct code the car will shut off after 1 mile of driving....

Back