Anyone receive a Frame rust notification?

Bob Bradley

Just this last week I received an inquiry from Toyota Motor Sales, Inc. 6565 Headquarters Drive, Plano Tx, 75024.
Stating My 2013 Tacoma will need to checked out for "frame rust perforation" Anyone else hear of this? This is being by supported by their "Customer Support Program" Notice ultamently could result in an entire frame replacement! Whoa!!!

I've been hearing about frame rust issues for years on Toyota trucks, I hope they will take good care of you if your truck is affected by it.

I got the same thing on my 2017 , you take it in and they check to see if you need a coating , if your fine , or if you need some sort plugs put in. In my case they put some plugs into the frame . Not sure of the deets but that’s what happened for me.

Took my 2012 in they said it was ok no coating no nothing. They told me it goes by perforations and the size of the perforations.

I'm thinking it goes mostly by location, northern states and Canada get the notifcations a lot faster, southern states not so much. Just me thinking but I'd think it would be cheaper just to undercoat all of them when they're built instead of doing a bunch of frame replacements.

I'm thinking it goes mostly by location, northern states and Canada get the notifcations a lot faster, southern states not so much. Just me thinking but I'd think it would be cheaper just to undercoat all of them when they're built instead of doing a bunch of frame replacements.

Hey hey hey...that is enough logical thinking on the internet ;)

I just got the notification in the mail about mine. I live in Mississippi. My truck came from up north though. All I do is just take it in and they Inspect it?

Back