Anytime fogs mod

Jared424

Wondering if any of you have done the anytime fog light mod or know of a good right up on it for an 06?

At one time, I thought that there was a thread on here for it. Check you tube, I know I saw it being done there.

There is a thread on here about it, I did it to my 2013. Took maybe 15min to complete, hardest part was getting the cover off the fuse box.

Just did it in about 5min. Easy as hell ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1376758758.560778.jpgwiring ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1376758782.461476.jpgfogs onlyImageUploadedByTaco Forum1376758806.845596.jpgparking and fogs
ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1376758833.742242.jpglows and fogs ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1376758869.508207.jpghighs and fogs

Those lights look like spyders. And yep that's the fog anytime mod. Done it myself like my 1st mod.

spyder_PRO-YD-TT05-HL-BK.jpg

I Like! Don't the anytime lights affect some driving to oncoming at night? Not sure as I haven't met another taco at night. Can you turn em off with the dash switch still or?

I always ran the fogs at night with my lows anyways. Never got flashes or anything. But I wanted the anytime so I can have them with the highs so I can still see close and to the sides. But yeah they still run off the switch on the dash

Good point about having light with the highs off to the sides. I'm driving a lot at night in remote areas up north in Canada so I'll give this a shot. So this mod can be found on YouTube eh!

I Like! Don't the anytime lights affect some driving to oncoming at night? Not sure as I haven't met another taco at night. Can you turn em off with the dash switch still or?

You can turn them on or off with the dash switch button. No need to have parking or headlights on with this mod. I use them sometimes at dusk or dawn or when it's cloudy & raining. Fog lights are aimed low not as high as the regular lights. On dark highways I run both fogs & reg headlights no one has flashed me & with no oncoming traffic or any in front I hit the hi beams as well. I was lucky I had them on one time (fogs) came close to hitting a skunk but saw it in time since the fogs light up the street directly in front of you.
If I hadn't of had them on I would of smashed a skunk and stunk up my truck.

Jared424's link is the one I used as well Post #9

With the key on you can turn them on or off with the foglight button no need to have the headlights or parking lights on.

Last edited:
I tried this fog light mod. I must have crossed something up. Now all the lights on the dash are on, windows don't work and starts but doesn't drive. On the tow truck and off to the dealership we go.

^ what he said they will charge an hour diagnostic to put a couple fusoes in it and you still won't end up with any all-time fog lamp.... grab a test light ground it test both sides of the fuses with key on engine off with head lamps on low beam if the test lamp doesn't light it is blown never put a higher amp fuse in

Trying to do this on my 2014. I know about the Fog relay terminal having to be bent out and up to connect on side of the wiring to. Problem I'm having is finding the "best" switch-on HOT power source to connect the other side to. No heated seats in my TRD so it looks like I may not be able to contain the jumper within the small relay/inverter box. Is it ok to connect it to the inverter(square box) location in the same small plastic box?
The other spot that I'd think would be the parking lamp fuse....but it located inside the truck under the steering column. Really don't want to cobble up the wiring on this new truck.

Last edited:
Trying to do this on my 2014. I know about the Fog relay terminal having to be bent out and up to connect on side of the wiring to. Problem I'm having is finding the "best" switch-on HOT power source to connect the other side to. No heated seats in my TRD so it looks like I may not be able to contain the jumper within the small relay/inverter box. Is it ok to connect it to the inverter(square box) location in the same small plastic box?
The other spot that I'd think would be the parking lamp fuse....but it located inside the truck under the steering column. Really don't want to cobble up the wiring on this new truck.

Bodacious, your wiring is a little different than the pre 2012 Taco's you might give this thread a read thru and see if it helps you out.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lighting/186818-2012-foglight-anytime-mod.html#post4050907

If anyone is curious, I went straight to "the brite box" I found at aspire auto accessories. They are the only ones that sell it for the 3rd gen Tacoma's. It keeps my fogs on with my highs. I didn't feel comfortable doing this kind of wiring myself and didn't find a write up at the time, so I went this route.

Back