Aquapel vs rainx

Discussion in 'Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation' started by Bojangles, Jan 12, 2018.

?

Which 1?

1. Aquapel

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Rain x

100.0%
  3. Nothing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Peanut butter

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Bojangles

Bojangles Well-Known Member

Ive used rain-x for years now, but when i worked at a few shops, they sold aquapel.

Discuss what you use, why, and any tips

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

I’ve only used rainx in the past. It worked well until it didn’t. Seems like I had to apply a few times through the rainy season to keep it looking like I was in warp speed. 6ED0C048-12AB-4737-BAC1-1870680C8582.gif

JonRod and Bojangles like this.
  4. OP
    Bojangles

Clean windshield.
    Apply in small circle motion
    Go over again

Leave for a few minutes
    Sprinkle water on glass, buff with lint free cloth.

Basic application i think.

Should last a few months unless u use wipers alot, or wash the truck alot.

Bogunn and OR17TRD like this.
  5. OP
    Bojangles

Driving to oregon a few yrs ago, thats how my windows looked man. I was doing about 20 behind a line of rigs up sisskiyou peak hearing southbound traffic sliding and hopping with chains.

The snow falling in a headwind made it look like i was doing 100mph. I almost threw up

OR17TRD likes this.
  6. OR17TRD

I know the feeling.

7. OR17TRD

I got caught in a blizzard coming over mount hood on hwy 26 years ago in a 1987 4Runner and had it in 4lo plowing in almost 2ft of snow at 5-10mph and it felt like I was going 100mph haha.

Bogunn and Bojangles like this.
  8. OP
    Bojangles

Some Bermuda triangle shit

Bogunn and OR17TRD like this.
  9. OR17TRD

I may not have followed that procedure

10. OR17TRD

Man I was having a hard time the snow would pile up between the wipers and the front window frame every 10 min I had to stop get out and clean it off. My head lights would start going out because the snow was melting when it hit but freezing on itself. I was going from one snow bank to the other zigzagging down the road. I could see shit. Took me over 4 hrs to go 50 miles.

11. OP
    Bojangles

Dont use on plastic. Using it to keep bugs and grime off your headlights is a bad idea i heard.

OR17TRD likes this.
  12. OP
    Bojangles

Holyshit lol.

OR17TRD likes this.
  13. OR17TRD

Good to know.

14. OR17TRD

Craziest thing is about half way headlights showed up behind me and it was a family in a mini van following my tracks. I don’t know if they would have made it without me plowing the path.

15. OP
    Bojangles

Exact reason i stayed behind the rigs.
    Nobody knows the road better i figured.

OR17TRD likes this.