Are you happy with the interior room of your Tacoma?

jogo21

Just came back from LA Auto Show and was disappointed with interior space of the tacoma we sat in. It was a Tacoma trd pro. I'm 6'3" and have 2 kids-ages 9 and 5. I used to have a 2004 tacoma dcsb that I bought used. Was extremely happy with it but traded it in for a Tahoe when my daughter was born as space was real tight with 2 kids chairs in the back. I got the itch for a truck again recently. I currently drive a Camry after I traded Tahoe due to high gas prices. I was hoping with only one kid in safety chair there would be more space with newer tacomas. I had seat all the way to the back and steering wheel as high as possible and knees were still close to steering wheel. I purposely sat my son behind me in rear seat and there wasn't much space for him either. He's only 9 but not that tall for his age. His knees were close to driver seat. Maybe that's as good as it gets for a midsize truck. I feel there's more space for them in my 4 door Camry. Maybe I was just hoping for a great improvement over my 04 Tacoma. I was looking at purchasing trd sport. Are you guys ok with interior space?

Yeah that's what you get for a mid size, if you want a lot more room get a full size. I drive around with 5 full sized people in my truck all the time and they don't ever complain so. I'm happy with it

I am under 6', so it works nicely. Thats why big sis Tundra may work out for the other level of the population:D

If the 04' was a gen 1 Tacoma then yeah the 2nd gen Tacoma is a little bigger. I couldn't even sit in a first gen. Taco as my head would hit the headliner. And I'm only 5'10"-11" ish. Guess I have a long torso.
I current have a 2014 DCLB and it fits myself, my girl, a 15 y/o boy (6') and two girls (10 y/o) & (5 y/o in a booster) we all fit just fine.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Taco Forum mobile app

Thank you for the feedback. Will probably have to go back and take everyone for test drive. Space is my biggest concern as I plan on keeping truck for a while. Good to know that they can accommodate you guys. Was very happy with my 04 tacoma. I had it stock with a snugtop shell and has been only car I've owned that I would get regular compliments on. Looking forward to many happy years with it.

Get a long bed. My girlfriend had a short bed and I used it a couple of times for some light wood work, and it wasn't fun.

Just switched from my 2007 DCSB to a 2015 and have always been comfortable. Enough room up front for me and my wife and two 180# plus Saint Bernards in the back (they have never complained about leg room, but have bumped heads on the roof).

If the 04' was a gen 1 Tacoma then yeah the 2nd gen Tacoma is a little bigger. I couldn't even sit in a first gen. Taco as my head would hit the headliner. And I'm only 5'10"-11" ish. Guess I have a long torso.
I current have a 2014 DCLB and it fits myself, my girl, a 15 y/o boy (6') and two girls (10 y/o) & (5 y/o in a booster) we all fit just fine.

I'm 5'9" and I'm still pretty far from the headliner on my 03....did you have the seat scooted all the way back?

Yeah seat was all the way back. I actually got into truck twice because I wasn't sure seat was all the way back but it was. Don't have specs but my 09 Camry feels more spacious inside. I can always go full size if space is issue but was hoping midsize would be enough. It still might be as I was a happy Tacoma owner once and hope to be again.

im 6' and I drive with the seat all the way back and away from the steering wheel, and I say the Tacoma hast the most comfortable fit for a drivers seat for me. I tried full sizes, but could never get comfortable, as I felt everything was too big... I often drive with 3 other people in the truck, and no one complains....

im 6' and I drive with the seat all the way back and away from the steering wheel, and I say the Tacoma hast the most comfortable fit for a drivers seat for me. I tried full sizes, but could never get comfortable, as I felt everything was too big... I often drive with 3 other people in the truck, and no one complains....

I drive from VA to TX every year for vacation with the wife and 2 kids. They never complain. But then again they pass out 10 miles down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Taco Forum mobile app

Ive got an 05 double cab 4x4 and i easily fit me im 6'1 and 4 other normal size adults all comfortably.

Back