Audio advise

18 TRD Sport. I installed 4 Kicker S series in the doors and Subaru Kicker tweets up top. Now I'm going to hook up my sub woofer. I have 2 12" Kicker S series in a box. I will remove the passenger rear seat (top, bottom, and storage area behind). My box will fit perfectly. My issue is the stock head unit. Will my amp correct the high and low audio restrictions that come with the stock unit? Or should I just switch it out? Any suggestions?

It sounds a hundred times better and I would prefer keeping the unit. Just wondering if I'm going to run into something I didnt see coming once I step into the woofer realm.

18 TRD Sport. I installed 4 Kicker S series in the doors and Subaru Kicker tweets up top. Now I'm going to hook up my sub woofer. I have 2 12" Kicker S series in a box. I will remove the passenger rear seat (top, bottom, and storage area behind). My box will fit perfectly. My issue is the stock head unit. Will my amp correct the high and low audio restrictions that come with the stock unit? Or should I just switch it out? Any suggestions?

You will have a couple of issues: I assume you will be tapping into full range outputs from your radio so you will not have any low pass filters on your woofers which could makes the sound “boomy” and you will put a bit of a strain on the amplifier in the radio which cold lead to “clipping” distortion which could blow your speakers....so be careful with your volume control. Also, you are reducing the impedance presented to the radio’s amplifier which could also cause problems.

I am at the same stage as you are except that i will be looking to adding a powered subwoofer with a built in low pass filter to deal with those issues.

I am not an expert so you are getting about .02 worth....enjoy.

Back