Auto High Beams

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by AbsurdBuffalo, Jan 9, 2018.

1. AbsurdBuffalo

AbsurdBuffalo Active Member

So I actually got them to work properly tonight. Have to say I was fairly impressed with how the functioned and how well they responded to oncoming traffic.

I suppose it's one neat feature of all the radars and cameras added to the 2018s.

I was worried that they'd stay on too long when oncoming traffic got near or whatever, but they actually didn't. In some instances, they shut off as far out as a quarter mile (estimate. May have been further). They also responded quick quickly as cars came over the top of hills.

Still, it's odd that this feature exists, yes simple things like auto headlights doesn't lol

TacoHog17 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Mtbdude

Mtbdude Member

I am in a 2018 Corolla rental while my 16 Taco is being serviced and was impressed with this feature as well. They also shut down perfectly with a car about a 1/8 mile or so in front of me. Pretty cool! I’ll have to go back to old school tomorrow when I pick the rig up, lol.

OR17TRD likes this.
  4. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

I wish they had the auto headlights. I came from a GM and the wife has a Mopar. They both have auto headlights. It took a few months for me to get used to not having them.
    The auto highbeams in the Mopar don’t work too great. They seem to go out when they don’t need to. Way too sensitive. Street lights will even shut them off.

Atomic Diesel likes this.
  5. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

If there are street lights you probably don’t need high beams. Just saying. Haha.

TacoRick and Bogunn like this.
  6. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Touché sir.
    When the street light is a quarter mile off and on someone’s property and not the road it’s a little annoying. Especially when you live in a place where there are more whitetail deer than people.

OR17TRD likes this.
  7. OR17TRD

I almost forgot where you live. Haha

Bogunn likes this.
  8. Bojangles

Bojangles Well-Known Member

Odd, our camry has auto headlights.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    kp.taco likes this.
  9. OR17TRD

That is odd.

Bojangles likes this.
  10. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Don’t the newer Avalon’s and some of the Camrys and Corollas have auto headlights?

11. OR17TRD

They all should.

Bogunn and Bojangles like this.
  12. Bojangles

2017 le camry has it

OR17TRD and Bogunn like this.
  13. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

Are we talking about auto headlights? Or auto highbeams? Lol

14. kp.taco

My 99 Camry has auto headlights

Bogunn and Bojangles like this.
  15. OP
    AbsurdBuffalo

AbsurdBuffalo Active Member

Auto headlights lol.

The auto high beams work well in the 18 Tacos, but I'd trade that feature for auto headlights in a heartbeat

Bogunn and kp.taco like this.
  16. kp.taco

Yeah auto headlights would be nice.

17. kp.taco

Mine are not auto but at least they turn off when opening the drivers door after parking. That helps

OR17TRD likes this.
  18. Bojangles

2018 tacoma, 1987 celica..... same auto off lol

OR17TRD and kp.taco like this.
  19. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

The gen threes have a delay for the auto off. You may be able to change the delay in settings I just haven’t tried.

OR17TRD and kp.taco like this.
  20. Bojangles

Im not sunday gangsta enough to have a 3rd gen.

kp.taco and Bogunn like this.
  21. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Work on your fantum beatz and you’ll get there.

OR17TRD and Bojangles like this.