stingray4me

Hi, went to the local stereo store today & they got my steering wheel controls working but said they couldn't get the rear view mirror back up cam to work because of the voltage differences is that true or was he just pulling my leg. mines a 2010. also has there ever been a cheaper way than $50 for the cable from the shark fin cable to the sirus receiver ? I saw the lexus one on amazon for $50.

What did you do for an antenna. I have an 08 and have had sirius, and back up cameras, on all vehicles for 10 years. I am looking for a similar head unit and will be adding a similar camera. My factory antenna is junk and barely works anyway. Anxious to get my sat radio again. My 08 has no camera or sat antenna. No steering wheel controls which I barely used on my other vehicles.

I just stuck the antenna that came with it by the rear view mirror on the inside. Put it under the headliner sticking out as much as possible. It works great as long as I don't go under trees from the south I guess that's were the satelite is and the signal will drop out.

I just stuck the antenna that came with it by the rear view mirror on the inside. Put it under the headliner sticking out as much as possible. It works great as long as I don't go under trees from the south I guess that's were the satelite is and the signal will drop out.
Is that strictly a satellite antenna or does it pick up over-the-air also. I don't mind replacing my pole antenna if needed. Not sure if it is a bad antenna or the stock radio itself. All of my sat radios have same issues under trees and sometimes under thick clouds. Anxious to go back to a full screen like my Ford has and my 16 Tacoma had. I won't have the rear camera power issue since mine had no stock mirror camera. My 12 Taco has the mirror camera and, after having a few in dash screens, that mirror camera is sub-par imo.

Back