Best way to add remote start to 2014 Tacoma? Any suggestions

scc.timmy

I have a 2014 Tacoma automatic and would like to add remote start to it.
Anyone have in suggestions or experiences doing?

Does the aftermarket remote starter void warranty?
The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act prohibits a company from voiding a warranty or denying coverage under the warranty because the owner used or installed an aftermarket part.

A dealer can deny warranty coverage, however, if the aftermarket part was defective or installed incorrectly and caused damage to a part that would have been covered under the warranty. According to the Federal Trade Commission, the dealer or manufacturer of the product would need to prove that the aftermarket part caused the damage before it could deny warranty coverage. In the case of a remote car starter, the vehicle’s dealer or manufacturer would need to prove that the remote starter caused a problem with another part of the car.

The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act prohibits a company from voiding a warranty or denying coverage under the warranty because the owner used or installed an aftermarket part.

A dealer can deny warranty coverage, however, if the aftermarket part was defective or installed incorrectly and caused damage to a part that would have been covered under the warranty. According to the Federal Trade Commission, the dealer or manufacturer of the product would need to prove that the aftermarket part caused the damage before it could deny warranty coverage. In the case of a remote car starter, the vehicle’s dealer or manufacturer would need to prove that the remote starter caused a problem with another part of the car.

Thank you. Saved me some typing. Lol.

I have a 2014 Tacoma automatic and would like to add remote start to it.
Anyone have in suggestions or experiences doing?

Like @Lil G said, 12 volt solutions is a phenomenally easy add on plug and play.
They don’t make an add on for the second gen Tacoma though unfortunately. It looks like they started with the last generation 4-Runner (2010-2019) and gen three Tacoma’s.
As far as a decent remote start, I’ve had some friends that have used Viper and they have dealers everywhere and are affordable.
Best Buy even sells and installs.

Great info
Thank you

Back