Brake pedal noise

Kenny Trent

New 2022 Tacoma Sport. Brake pedal feels like it has slack in it. It makes a “thump” noise when it is pressed slightly. It seems to go away if you use it a couple times, but if you just kinda tap the brakes it feels like slack before it catches…not sure if this makes any sense. Maybe I can post a video later. Anyone else have anything like this?

Should be smooth with no noise. Take it to your dealer for warranty and take a tech on a test drive so you can direct him to the sound. Otherwise they will say they can't hear anything.

Should be smooth with no noise. Take it to your dealer for warranty and take a tech on a test drive so you can direct him to the sound. Otherwise they will say they can't hear anything.
Yeah because they can NEVER hear anything lol I am hoping a simple fix

I've come to that conclusion decades ago with these dealers. If the issue isn't listed in their data banks, they aren't going to check further unless it happens in 15 minutes. The dealer here which i'll give them credit for being pretty sharp once told me they only get so many minutes when in warranty to see the issue if its not a known problem, otherwise your sol.

I've come to that conclusion decades ago with these dealers. If the issue isn't listed in their data banks, they aren't going to check further unless it happens in 15 minutes. The dealer here which i'll give them credit for being pretty sharp once told me they only get so many minutes when in warranty to see the issue if its not a known problem, otherwise your sol.
Well the good thing is that it’s constantly doing it. So I won’t have a problem letting them hear it lol

Back