Camper shell

Has anybody used a 2nd generation camper shell and put in on a 3rd generation taco. I've got a buddy this giving me a free camper ans wondering if it will fit.

Has anybody used a 2nd generation camper shell and put in on a 3rd generation taco. I've got a buddy this giving me a free camper ans wondering if it will fit.
Won't fit. Different body styles. The 16 is a new design

I measured even with the tailgate radius I grabbed one side my son the other. This isn't easy because of the height of my 07. Just bought the cap for the 07 in August 2015. Sucks that I can't used it on my 16. Bought one for the 16 and when I seek the 07 after frame is replaced cap stays on it.ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1464319149.069252.jpg

Last edited:
If you get a snugtop dont get the fold down front window, mine leaked and the leak gets worse the faster one goes on the highway. They put in a non drop down window with a slider window and so far no leaks. Also note, the composite bed will not be sealed in the front corners by the cab, they keep putting more silicone and 3m sealent in the corners. Im pretty surprised snug top cant do better for a $2400 truck cap. I bought the hi-liner model which is nice for packing as it allows me to be on my knees without hitting my head on the roof.

Back