Carpet

daytrader

I searched the forum here and no one has posted about a complete carpet replacement.
Some other forums say that spending the money for Toyota OEM is worth it as the holes are already there and its already shaped. I wanna say its pricey though, like $600 or $700 compared to $170 but I didn't search real well.

Mine is trashed. Dog hairs everywhere. Crappy carpet OEM mats too.
In the past, I have just bought a new truck when it gets too nasty, but to be honest, I love the looks of this one so much (compared to the new ones) I want to keep it and save the payments. I'm also considering a complete new paint job going from black to that dark green which I had on a '99 as a complete facelift.

I think perhaps putting in the new carpet will give it that "new car smell" and the new paint will give me a new look. A few thousand dollars is better than $35K if I get the same result. I have a retired dude that is incredible with painting and interiors and he's pretty cheap.

Anyway___ has anyone delved into carpet replacement? Again, I'm not doing the work, I'd just break all the plastic trim snaps etc lol. Clumsy.

I was looking into this as well, I actually don't have carpet and I don't think I'm going to try to look for it anymore. I have the plastic flooring which is actually nice and easy to clean. My buddy owns a detail shop and when I showed him my taco he said he wished all floors were like that lol. I would imagine any upholstery shop would be able to replace it for you though, that is just a guess I'm not 100%

Back