CB antenna options/ help

jaahmez

I've got my interior gutted and about to pull the headliner.

Relocating my cb and want to run the wires nicely.

I want the antenna center mounted on the roof. Also I cannot stand most of the hood mounts I've seen. They stick out so obnoxiously and don't seem clean on the truck.
I've got a 2015, it has that xm fin on the roof and I've toyed with the idea of running the cable up through there if possible.

My cb will be placed in my center console and I want to run the coax the shortest distance possible so probably under the carpet, up one of the rear pillars(behind the plastic) into the headliner and straight through the roof.

As opposed as I may be to drilling through the roof it's seems like the cleanest most logical way of doing this.

So what are the methods/recommendations for sealing the hole up/preventing corrosion?

Im aware of all the drain plugs and grommets in the floor but that would require the wore to run along the outside of the vehicle which I find hideous.

What are everyone's alternate opinions/suggestions?

Bed mounting isn't an option with my Bestop.

So right now it's either roof or someone can show me a good clean front hood mount(I've only seen one or two and I think they might have been universal) or something else reasonable.(is there a taco specific hood mount?)

Thanks in advance guys.

Back