Check Engine and Trac Off came on

Lacho

So this morning when I turned my truck on both the check engine and the trac off lights came on. Also during my commute to work I realized that my cruise control wouldn’t turn on. I don’t own an obdii scanner but I’ll be stopping by autozone after work to see what codes it is throwing. I tried hitting the trac switch and nothing happens, I know at this point what I got is still very vague but any ideas what might cause this? My truck is a ‘14 SR5 DCLB 4.0L 4x4 5speed auto tranny

I should include that yesterday I was out at the ranch, where I do go over some small brush and I did go through some mud but nothing crazy, did not even engage 4x4, then got home and used a spray nozzle to wash the mud off the truck like I always do... as soon as I can get to autozone and get the codes I’ll post them up
IMG_1516625831.109215.jpg

Bummer I was hoping that since it disabled the TC and CC it would maybe narrow it down some, I’ll just wait for the codes and take it from there

I’m going to say it has to do with a speed sensor. The wires are just there and are easily damaged. Another issue might be mud throwing off the sensor.

An easy check before getting reader is your gas cap. Did you fuel up recently? Make sure it’s tight.

I see... I did, I filled up on Saturday night... I’ll check the the cap today before I leave work and get under it when I get home to check the wiring, I appreciate it friend

So, went to Autozone scanner showed P0705, the Neutral Safety Switch, the guy suggested to try cleaning it so I picked up electronic cleaner and I’m gonna give that a shot

Let us know if that fixes the problem.

Well guys I held back from actually pulling the NSS to open it up, I decided to try cleaning the connection first so I just brushed the dirt off the connection, pulled the pigtail, sprayed the contacts down with the electronics cleaner on both the cable and switch and added some dielectric grease and no more CEL or trac off [emoji106]

Well guys I held back from actually pulling the NSS to open it up, I decided to try cleaning the connection first so I just brushed the dirt off the connection, pulled the pigtail, sprayed the contacts down with the electronics cleaner on both the cable and switch and added some dielectric grease and no more CEL or trac off [emoji106]

Good to go.

Back