clunking backing up incline!

could that be what this issue is on the '11 taco reg cab
it has no carrier bearing in the middle

Carrier bearing means nothing, your driveshaft still has u-joints on both ends that can fail with age, or abuse. Inspect them like your buddies video if they need replacement, or not.

i don't see how uJoints would be bad after just a mere 70k miles

my rig has over 300k 26yrs and Ujoints were inspected as A0K by monkeys that know better than I

Please refer back to post #10 in this discussion thread.

Have you inspected the U-joints on the Gen2?

Inspect and eliminate the easy fixes first. Work to the more complex repairs as a last path. Many times, the fix is simple and not terribly difficult. Although, the longer you let a problem persist, the worse the problem becomes.

Think of these things as analogous to a roof leak. Sure, it only leaks when it rains. But eventually, damage will increase to include shingles, delamination of roof decking, rotted truss, rotted rafters, wet insulation, mold, drywall replacement, mold, ............ Simpler to fix the leak when discovered. $100 fix early or $1000 fix later.

The internet and forums can offer help in the form of suggestions or possible solutions, but it all comes down to the owner to make the final assessment. We (forum) can not put hands on your truck. YOU must be assertive in finding the problem and a solution.

Imma slippin on a big learning curve as steep as that grade was into the bighorn forest medicine wheel passage :eek: :eek:

Please refer back to post #10 in this discussion thread.

Have you inspected the U-joints on the Gen2?

Inspect and eliminate the easy fixes first. Work to the more complex repairs as a last path. Many times, the fix is simple and not terribly difficult. Although, the longer you let a problem persist, the worse the problem becomes.

Think of these things as analogous to a roof leak. Sure, it only leaks when it rains. But eventually, damage will increase to include shingles, delamination of roof decking, rotted truss, rotted rafters, wet insulation, mold, drywall replacement, mold, ............ Simpler to fix the leak when discovered. $100 fix early or $1000 fix later.

The internet and forums can offer help in the form of suggestions or possible solutions, but it all comes down to the owner to make the final assessment. We (forum) can not put hands on your truck. YOU must be assertive in finding the problem and a solution.
Hmmm, kind of reminds me of my barn roof I put off doing, till the entire back half, totally rotted away letting in all kind of nature. It went from a simple shingle job, if I did it 10 years sooner, to replacing rafters, and all the plywood sheathing to, and then finally the shingles.

So if I tell the yota dealer next week for it's scheduled Oci to also look at the joints for the random clunking issue they can properly assess that or those

So if I tell the yota dealer next week for it's scheduled Oci to also look at the joints for the random clunking issue they can properly assess that or those
YES.

Don't tell them what to look at or your suspicions. Just describe the symptoms and the conditions when the problem arises. Let them do their work. After you get the diagnosis, then you can ask questions about how they arrived at the conclusion. YOU can also discuss repair options, if any.

oh jeese.....still grinding on this......

Look at the most simple and most probable. Don't automatically assume the most complex and expensive repair is the answer.

Most times a flat tire only needs a plug and patch, not a new rim and tire.

If your brake pads are moving around loosey goosey, then you have other problems.

yota dealer that did the brakes more than 2 years ago forgot to put the right top caliper slide pin in
likely the cause of the clunking from that time ago?

caliper bolt missing Gen2.jpg

That will cause noises when the brakes are applied. Some aftermarket pads will do the same, as their metal backing is not cast as precise as toyota ones

Back