Clunking noise turn left and right

On my little jaunt last weekend, my 2013 popped and clunked more than it did before I installed my lift. Think that I'll check that the torque is correct. I keep hearing that "these trucks creak and pop", but that doesn't sound to reassuring...

Its a spacer, dont they all mount the same?
Most are. The Revtek 40013 pro kit is not an above strut spacer. It incorporate a 1/4 inch top plate spacer which is common practice on front lifts. I have it on the 3rd gen off road I don't have any clunking noises when turning right or left.

Most are. The Revtek 40013 pro kit is not an above strut spacer. It incorporate a 1/4 inch top plate spacer which is common practice on front lifts. I have it on the 3rd gen off road I don't have any clunking noises when turning right or left.

these all look the same to me, am I missing something?
I see a notch on the revteck......... otherwise, I dont see whats different, its a hockey puck with a lip right?

revtec
40013rv.jpg

other
40013_1.jpg

other
image_3675.jpg

other
supreme-suspensions-nissan-xterra-lift-kit-3-front-suspension-lift-t6-aircraft-billet-xterra-leveling-kit-black-pro_25334315.jpeg

ill admit, Im not well versed in spacers.......because, I dont want anything to do with them. I prefer my struts not to snap when used hard. Seen it a few times and just dont wanna chance it.

I know this sounds stupid, really stupid, but do you have an aftermarket front bumper? So...my story...

I built my bumper and had no issues for about 3 months. Then noticed a clunk in the front end. Checked it all out myself, replaced a few items (including both CV shafts) and still there. I had done the frame clearance cut, so I replaced the cab mounts for GP even though they looked fine. Still there. I pulled off the cheap skid guards...still there. Finally got pissed and took the front bumper off...gone. Noticed some fresh steel in the mounting holes, yet the bolts were tight. Since they are slotted, I filled in the excess space. No more clunk. The bumper was flexing with the frame when I turned hard or accelerated hard from a stop. So if you do have an aftermarket bumper, pull the bolts and check for wear, could be the same issue.

Back