Cracked windshield

John P. Ferry

Hello,

I have cracked windshield from a small stone I suspect that hit the windshield while driving to Labrador City two weeks ago. We flew into the fishing lodge and when we flew out there was a crack in it. It was in a lot that has a gate and video surveillance and nothing showed on it. My question is, take it to my dealer where I bought it or just a glass replacement facility like Safe Lite or another. My feelings are that is something isn't done correctly or none original equipment the dealer may not cover any damage as a result of the work.If they do it, (Assuming the do windshields)they would be responsible. It's a 2018Sr I bought new a year ago and it has 13,800 miles on it. Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks
John

Hello,

I have cracked windshield from a small stone I suspect that hit the windshield while driving to Labrador City two weeks ago. We flew into the fishing lodge and when we flew out there was a crack in it. It was in a lot that has a gate and video surveillance and nothing showed on it. My question is, take it to my dealer where I bought it or just a glass replacement facility like Safe Lite or another. My feelings are that is something isn't done correctly or none original equipment the dealer may not cover any damage as a result of the work.If they do it, (Assuming the do windshields)they would be responsible. It's a 2018Sr I bought new a year ago and it has 13,800 miles on it. Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks
John

The bumper to bumper warranty should cover it. The dealership told me that a door ding would be covered. I would check with the dealership

The bumper to bumper warranty should cover it. The dealership told me that a door ding would be covered. I would check with the dealership
I would be highly skeptical of the dealer paying for a windshield unless youve got the extended warranty and service contract. I know when I bought mine they were pushing some kind of deal on extended warranty that covered scratches, paint chips, and dings, however it added a considerable amount to selling price. Usually windshields will be covered under youre insurance depending on youre deductible.

Hello,

Thanks
John
I always suggest carrying a low dollar or $0 deductible on comprehensive for these incidences. Dealer may cover it but doubtful. I’d get OEM when ever possible.

Like OR said, Pay now or pay later with insurance. Keep that low deductible to cover these kinds of incidents and accidents.

Back