Dealer "Market Adjustment"

Nathan

Admin
Staff member
It's crazy out there if you're looking for a new Tacoma. The dealers around me have no new inventory on the lot. One dealer had about 15 used tacomas, and they are going for way more than a new one costs.

Most dealers are adding "Market Adjustments" to their prices. I'm seeing anything from $3k - $5k on the MSRP.

I found a dealer about 2 1/2 hours away that claimed to be selling for MSRP but then when I got the build sheet i saw that they were just getting their mark up in packages.

markup.jpg

On the flip side they are offering more on my trade in than I paid for it new so maybe I should stop being so cheap.

What are you guys seeing?

Last edited:
I traded in my '17 Off Road for an '18 Sport. They gave me .09/mile depreciation. Couldn't pass that up! Word this morning from a patient in the office was he got a '21 Off Road.......turned the turn signal on and the windshield wipers started running. Turned around and went back to the dealer and Toyota had installed an 'old' chip that wasn't re-mapped. His story of what he was told.

I do wonder if these chip shortages will lead to long term issues if they are using alternative parts.
I put a $500 refundable deposit on a Tacoma that's about 2 - 3 weeks out. Until then I'm going to keep looking for a better deal.
I have the same concerns about the parts! Which model Taco did ya put money down on?......what options?

@B-Man
Army Green TRD Off-Road 4x4 Short Bed
Technology Package / LED Headlights / Audio Plus / Bed Light / Blackout / Side Step / Tailgate Lock / Cat Cover.

I wouldn’t pick half of those options if I was ordering it but you have to take what’s coming in at this point.

I was looking for one without a sunroof. I need the extra head room and I don’t need leather.

Last edited:
I'm just glad my 2 vehicles were purchased before all this started. My taco is a 19 and my wife's Pacifica is a 21 which we got in January. Local inventory is pretty much non-existent now. I have issues buying a pig in a poke even though I may have special ordered that pig. From what I've been reading the new car market is going to change. Ford is even going full out on the electric mustang, order from you're computer at home, arrange you're financing right there, and at some point you're new mustang will show up in you're driveway. Supposedly this is a test right now only with the mustangs however they did say they were moving away from dealerships. I don't know what you're supposed to do if you have a warranty issue. Call me a conspiracy theorist if you like but I think it's all the plan to get rid of all the gas powered vehicles and force everyone to go electric. Why as tax players are we gonna build thousands of charging stations across the US? Did the feds ever build a gas station?

@B-Man
Army Green TRD Off-Road 4x4 Short Bed
Technology Package / LED Headlights / Audio Plus / Bed Light / Blackout / Side Step / Tailgate Lock / Cat Cover.

I wouldn’t pick half of those options if u was ordering it but you have to take what’s coming in at this point.

I was looking for one without a sunroof. I need the extra head room and I don’t need leather.
WOW! You gotta good one coming!

Back