Don't lose your tailgate key

glasj2002

So when my truck was delivered, only received two key fobs - no tailgate key. I thought maybe they had left it somewhere in the vehicle so after searching all of the nooks and crannies, no key. Called the dealer where I purchased (they were very helpful and got on it right away) but discovered that Toyota can't cut a new key for it - the whole lock assembly has to be replaced to obtain a key. Definitely not what I expected but got the appointment scheduled for Friday to have it replaced. Hold onto those keys!!

That's all that I received with my truck was two key fobs? They work the tailgate? Nobody ever mentioned anything to me about a specific key for the tailgate

That's all that I received with my truck was two key fobs? They work the tailgate? Nobody ever mentioned anything to me about a specific key for the tailgate

The keys inside the smart key fobs will work in the doors and glove box lock. It's a separate key for the tailgate.

That's actually really surprising, my Toyota dealer always wants to take money, they charged my friend for synthetic oil when he didn't have synth, and they put conventional oil in.. He couldn't do anything about it... They wouldn't listen to anything and kept telling him he was wrong...

That's actually really surprising, my Toyota dealer always wants to take money, they charged my friend for synthetic oil when he didn't have synth, and they put conventional oil in.. He couldn't do anything about it... They wouldn't listen to anything and kept telling him he was wrong...
You think that's bad. Good thing you don't drive a ford. They would make your head explode. Fords known for making crap difficult to work on and to make custom fasteners so you have to take it to the dealer.

It was replaced for free, how dare them dag gone companies making money. How evil of them not giving stuff away for free all the time. It's a conspiracy I tell you.

Right, because you should have to pay extra for something that is supposed to be included.

Right, because you should have to pay extra for something that is supposed to be included.
Was speaking in general ;). It gets old seeing posts about "stealerships". That's all no need for hurt feelings. And if you didn't read the original post he said it was being replaced. Problem solved. No reason to be throwing hate out there.

Uh...no...the issue is for people who have the push button start...if you have an ignition key there is no problem opening the tailgate.

Back