Engine cleaning

I know...this is an nsu wankel thats the original in this bike with blown seals, plus the internal water pump is toast among other stuff. Trying to find a good complete core, or replacement engine thats been rebuilt, except I can buy a good late model 600 cc bike for what its going to cost me just to get me started.

Yeah, my bike is 42 yo. Parts are scarce and expensive.

Just got stimied on the engine rebuild. Found a couple of split, rock hard o-rings. Did manage to locate them. Had to order. $6.05 for 4 orings, the largest is 23x2.8.

Gotta have 'em. Otherwise, it'll leak like a screen door on a submarine. So, I wait for a few more days. Naturally, these are the first parts to install on the rebuild and the last on the disassembly.

I've seen these engines fairly cheap on eBay that were removed from a working bike, but knowing what I know about used engines, your likely no better off, especially when it comes to those rotary's.
This bikes chassis looks sort of similar to the Suzuki gt750 2smoker I owned back in the day. I may even have another idea.

Back