engine noise

ajt1!

Hi all,

Is this normal engine noise for one of these 3.4V6 motors? Runs great, very quiet when cold but gets a little noisier when warm, almost sounds like a diesel. Noise is there regardless of whether in gear or not or aircon on/off. Cannot be heard when driving or revs up. I've heard they can be a bit noisy.

Thought it might be a bearing ie fan bracket?

Any feedback appreciated.

Hi all,

Is this normal engine noise for one of these 3.4V6 motors? Runs great, very quiet when cold but gets a little noisier when warm, almost sounds like a diesel. Noise is there regardless of whether in gear or not or aircon on/off. Cannot be heard when driving or revs up. I've heard they can be a bit noisy.

Thought it might be a bearing ie fan bracket?

Any feedback appreciated.
I bought a 2020 trd sport a few weeks ago , on the way home I noticed the sound you're referring to, sounded like a loose bracket or exhaust leak, very unexpected on a brand new truck. When I googled the topic I soon found out it was normal noise (of sorts). According to the info I read it is because the direct injection type engines everyone is going to now a days presents a problem with carbon build up on the injectors. Toyota & others have a self cleaning cycle to help with this, that is what you are hearing, mostly noticeable at idle. Why the dealer doesn't tell customers about this upfront I don't know.

Back