Entune- jail break

The lay out if entune system is pretty much identical to the one I have on my 5gen outback if you look on subaruoutback.org I remember seeing a few post on the Same topic and also on hacking the backup cam so you can view image while driving if wanted to check on trailer if towing

I'm from Calgary Alberta Canada and bought my tacoma 2016 but it so annoying my GPS that's not be accurate those addresses in our place. Also the entune is not available in Canada and how come this unit sold in this country if it is not compatible? Please anyone can advise me on how I can upgrade the GPS and the entune? Thanks
i'm not happy with my 16 communications

voice recognition terrible, windows and fan have to be off for anyone to effectively hear me, not being able to remotely reply to text messages unsafe.

It would certainly be better to read them on the screen than having people trying to read them and reply on their phone. Reading a text isn't much different than idiots constantly looking at their nav, realizing they just missed their turn. Or lighting a cigarette, putting on makeup, reading a book, eating that drippy taco, etc.

On the other hand, just have the unit read the text message to you. Just press read, then play on the screen. Then use the mobile assistant to reply. Any newer cell phone has voice capabilities. You honestly don't even need texts messages to show up on the screen. Just push mobile assistant button, tell her to read text message. She can also write a long email for you, all you have to do is talk. But the hack would still be nice to have, just because.

Back