Favorite bug deflector for 2017 Tacoma

eagleguy

Come to realize that here in Florida I need a bug shield for my 2017 Tacoma to work against those bloody LUV bugs. I want something close to the hood but not on top of it. Any recommendations. Please provide make and part number.

Thanks

Steve B.

I haven’t been big into bug deflectors in recent years because of the damage it’s done to my paint by rubbing.....
But the ones that @B-RI and @Lockport93 posted do look really good on the Tacoma.

Last edited:
I’ve always used AVS products on my trucks but ended up putting the weathertech bug deflector and vent visors on the 2018 Edge. I HATE the in channel vent visors from weathertech because they impede the window and pull on the weather stripping.

The weathertech bug deflector is top notch though. It doesn’t mount under the hood. It’s completely mounted to the outside with 3M tape and no plastic touches the paint.
I wouldn’t be completely against putting one on my truck.

I’ve always used AVS products on my trucks but ended up putting the weathertech bug deflector and vent visors on the 2018 Edge. I HATE the in channel vent visors from weathertech because they impede the window and pull on the weather stripping.

The weathertech bug deflector is top notch though. It doesn’t mount under the hood. It’s completely mounted to the outside with 3M tape and no plastic touches the paint.
I wouldn’t be completely against putting one on my truck.

There was one already on my old B4000 when I bought it. No idea what brand. It would bend at highway speed and rub the hood. Went to local electronics store and bought some stick on rubber feet. Attached them to underside of deflector and they kept it from rubbing.

There was one already on my old B4000 when I bought it. No idea what brand. It would bend at highway speed and rub the hood. Went to local electronics store and bought some stick on rubber feet. Attached them to underside of deflector and they kept it from rubbing.

That’ll make a difference. A lot of them come with them.

Back