Fender flare removal after

Hello all, I’m a brand new Tacoma owner..
I was messing around with the car not long after I got it and decided to take the side fender flares off, looks much nicer l to me this way.

however it does leave some ugly holes behind. anyone have any ideas about what to do to cover up the holes left behind from the clips?

Was thinking about using a hand saw but ill get to that part later and keep it more conservative with the look just for now, if anyone has any recommendations would love to hear them.

Gonna take off the bottom part of the grille and just leave the headlights. Hoping to add a stealth bumper after that and slight lift.

Only thing is, if I want to add bigger tires to the car which I do eventually I’m gonna have to saw some of that part off anyways.

Attachments

• 67AF942F-4F42-4E4E-9613-BD673E03D4C0.jpeg
    67AF942F-4F42-4E4E-9613-BD673E03D4C0.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 12
  • 2C1DB353-C6E6-45DB-959B-7D5F5531421B.jpeg
    2C1DB353-C6E6-45DB-959B-7D5F5531421B.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 13
I don't why you'd want to remove those flares especially if adding bigger tires. They protect your paint from rock chips, especially if no mud flaps to. Just makes no sense to remove them.

how do those fasten in there, OP
how hard do they remove
are those just clips that can break easily?

show some pics of the backside of those flares, i am curious

Are the clips replaceable as a separate from the flare?

I have not yet inspected a parts diagram for it

how do those fasten in there, OP
how hard do they remove

I use long nose plyers to turn them sideways and pull out, they aren’t ur regular clip they’re specific to the fender but you can get them on Amazon

Are the clips replaceable as a separate from the flare?

I have not yet inspected a parts diagram for it
Yes I believe they are they just hold the fender in place but it’s a specific type, the regular clips are just press in these are shaped in a way the fender can stick to it and hold on

I don't why you'd want to remove those flares especially if adding bigger tires. They protect your paint from rock chips, especially if no mud flaps to. Just makes no sense to remove them.
I was going for more of a cooler look on the truck but it’s not a 4x4 so I won’t be off roading it much if at all unfortunately.
Might just end up putting them back on if there isn’t a simple way to make it look cleaner. My goal was just to play around with it, get familiar with the car and how it looks with parts off.

I’m thinking maybe just a small lift at this point and daily driving this stock.

how hard do they remove

Five screws and the fender clips,going back on tomorrow honestly.. always more annoying to put stuff back then take it off

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 5
I was going for more of a cooler look on the truck but it’s not a 4x4 so I won’t be off roading it much if at all unfortunately.
Might just end up putting them back on if there isn’t a simple way to make it look cleaner. My goal was just to play around with it, get familiar with the car and how it looks with parts off.

I’m thinking maybe just a small lift at this point and daily driving this stock.
Unfortunately you don't need to do that much off-roading to acquire paint chips. I've encountered enough of that stuff just driving on asphalt roads over time. Some states as ours even require mandatory mud flaps on a vehicle as such. Soon as you install a tire wider than the fender, you're prone to paint chip city. Idk, about the cooler look...to me those flares look fine, makes the truck look more finished, plus their very functional.

Last edited:

perhaps a cooler look might be to delete the colour-match and go black flares

the Gen2 taco that are really poppin' in my eye nowdays are the ones not colour-matched so they have black flares, black bumpers, black mirrors

it could be a whole new look for your rig and make it look 'cleaner' however it looks to you

Back