Finally got the 5100s on

Discussion in 'Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation' started by cookie47, Mar 24, 2018.

1. cookie47

cookie47 Well-Known Member

So I know I need an alignment but I’m getting a vibration from 20-35mph anyone have a clue why this is? Lol I installed Bilstein 5100s set at 2.5, taco lean spacer, diff drop and a 2” aal. Thanks in advance

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

I’d get that alignment and tell them to check the balance on your tires and see what happens after that.

OR17TRD likes this.
  4. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Put it in 4wd and see if the vibration goes away. If it does it’s the needle bearing and you’ll want to do the ECGS bushing fix.

royandlola and kp.taco like this.
  5. OR17TRD

+1

6. alexlopez123

alexlopez123 Well-Known Member

Or it could be a bad u-joint that’s what was vibrating mine

OR17TRD likes this.
  7. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

Most likely not a tire balance issue unless u had vibration before lift.

vwgtiturbo and OR17TRD like this.
  8. OP
    cookie47

Put it in 4x4 and it still did it. I’ll do my wheels and tires this week and an alignment and let y’all know the outcome thanks guys

9. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

Sometimes the diff drop will cause a vibration. It is suggested that you don't use it off the bat.

10. Boss_Taco77

Boss_Taco77 Well-Known Member

If it’s not a diff drop or the balance of your wheels it’s probably your rotors. I was getting a shake like yours and had to put new rotors and pads

11. OR17TRD

Go get an alignment today and let us know after that.

kp.taco likes this.
  12. kp.taco

My moneys on this^^^^

OR17TRD likes this.
  13. kp.taco

Never mind just seen OPs post

OR17TRD likes this.
  14. OR17TRD

Yeah that was my first thought.

kp.taco likes this.
  15. OP
    cookie47

My tires and wheels will be in Thursday so the alignment will follow that hopefully that day or Friday. Also I noticed the bushing in my cv on the drivers side was sloppy even before the lift. Is that the needle bearing?

16. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

Normally a little loose.