First time Toyota owner

Don Carvill

Hello, I just brought home a 2020 Tacoma trd off road pickup in Barcelona red.
I went to the car lot looking for a pick up. I saw this one and took a look.
It has lower miles and is in better shape than the pick ups from the big three.
I have driven all three. And I have owned mostly Fords.
In recent years, I have experienced more problems than I think a truck for the price should have.
So, I will give the Toyota a try. So far I like what I see.
Thank you for presenting this forum. I look forward to making new friends online.

Thanks for the welcome!
It's funny that you mention a shortage of Toyotas.
The car lot is a jeep dealership and I had bought a 2018 wrangler from them back in October.
The wrangler wasn't really what I was looking for, but I got a good deal and I put a lift on it and some 35 inch tires.
I thought it would be able to tow my pontoon, but when I hooked it up it squatted too much.
So, I went back to the dealership on Sunday to look at what they had. They had a Chevy pickup with 107k miles for 28k.
And a couple of Ram pickups both over 50k miles and both high into the 30's for price.
They also had this taco with under 15k miles for just over 40. Of course it still has some warranty and it has body armor accessories screwed to the bed and roof. It also has aftermarket bumpers, wheels, and a winch!
I'm not sure I need all the accessories, but I Will give it a week or two before I remove them.
I will post pictures as soon as I figure out how to load them on this site.
The salesman said the taco had been on the lot for a week, with no interest.
This is Michigan, and there are people who still think it is disloyal to buy any thing but the big three. Their loss,, I guess.
I don't know any body who has a bad thing to say about Toyotas that has one. I definitely like it, so far!

Its the same in some areas here in connecticut that your a trader if you go to the dark side, and buy a toyota, and looked upon as crap. We were a gm family till i was a 3rd generation trader buying a toyota in 78. I would chuckle every time one of the family chevy's crapped out. I never had a major issue with any toyota's owned to date. Even my brother, and father rip had gone over to the dark side years later after not be able to take anymore.

Back